Chapter Ten

"The days, months, and years eventually reveal, like a Polaroid, a clear picture of how significant events and decisions ultimately shape our lives."  - Hoda Kotb

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been about half an hour Lyra had tried to unpack her closet, which made her rather upset because her neat room was a mess then. Without further ado and tired of searching, Lyra began to tidy up her things. 

Lots of things that Lyra took out of her closet, and she would return it, but when Lyra wanted to return her little notebook when she had it in school to the closet, a piece of paper fell to the floor from the note. Lyra stopped her intention to return the notebook and began focusing on the fallen paper.

Yes! It turned out that what Lyra was looking for had already been found! A wide polaroid photo portrayed three people inside. Two boys on the right and left, while Lyra stood between them. These three boys were still very innocent, smiling widely in front of the camera innocently like without thinking about anything. 

Under the photo of each child, their names were written. Clearly to the left of Lyra the name 'Ian' was written neatly because Lyra at that time began to write fluently. Meanwhile, under the photo of the girl, Lyra wrote her own name, and under the photo of the man on the right of Lyra was named 'brother X' because Lyra rarely played with this 'brother X'.

After feeling that she had found what she was looking for, Lyra began to tidy up her messy things back to her closet. After things were neatly restored, Lyra stood up then walked to her bed, and took her cellphone. With her cellphone, Lyra took a photo of the polaroid, then uploaded it to her Instagram feed, with a caption that said,

"Precious memories, huh? #throwback #onlylove "

A few minutes after the photo was uploaded, a few likes and comments immediately invaded the Lyra Instagram notification panel. Lyra only saw these notifications from her mobile notification panel, without opening them. Some comments came from members of Jakarta 46 who were online at that time, but Lyra just left it alone, and she intended to answer it later.

After that, Lyra put her cellphone on the bedside table next to her bed, and refocused her eyes on the polaroid photo, then tried to remember whatever Lyra and the boy named 'Ian' often did while they were in the UK. Without thinking anything, Lyra muttered something,

"How are you, Ian? When I see you later, what should I call you? "

Lyra was shocked by what she was muttering about and chuckled because she realized, what she really had to do when she had dinner with him later. Lyra noticed that her heart was beating fast like she was suffering from high blood pressure.

That's right, what should Lyra do to meet her first love later?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! I know this chapter is short as hell, but I promise you next chapter on Friday will be longer!

Thank you for the votes, loves, comments, and support!

Comments and feedback will be appreciated!

Happy reading, see you on Friday! <3