Chapter 2- New Year, New Beginnings

IVAN POV

My father marched towards the Principal's office with Oracle, Olorire and Me not far behind. He was in a rush to get out of here, his plane leaves in less than an hour.

"...Like I explained to you before, this process is really simple I had called the Principal in the holidays to enrol you. There will be a couple of tests to see if you will need any additional help this year if that's OK with you..." I zoned out straightening my school tie and blazer. First day of school, first impressions count, especially since I am captain of the Lacrosse team this year, just like my father was back in his school days, I know this will make him proud.

The Principal was just stepping out of his office with Juan Santiago, typical already making trouble and the school year hadn't begun.

His attitude could put Portugueses to shame, he could be anything or anyone, and instead he chose to waste his life away, being a 'bad boy.'

At least if you're going to be bad be good at it. His eyes whipped round giving me a menacing look, Juan must have heard what I mumbled. I could take down this guy if it came to, we were exactly the same built. The only difference is he is known to carry a gun around. So I could be pushing daisies by the time I throw my first punch. Instead he muttered something in Portuguese and stomped out of the room.

"Welcome Mr Kaiser, Oracle, Ivan and I'm guessing this is the new...er addition to the family." He eyed Olorire and gave his winning grin, before entering the office with my dad and Olorire to discuss some things.

"SO why are we here exactly? I can't even remember the last time I sat in the principal's waiting room, I hope no one catches us here. Urgh Emma and Lavender must be wondering where I am." Lavender that never stops to make me laugh, who in the world names their kid after something of a traumatic experience I mean Lavender got her name because she came out looking purple and wasn't breathing.

"Stop laughing it's not funny."

I huffed in boredom, constantly checking the Cartier on my wrist; I need to do a little pre catch up with the guys to see who our prey will be for this year. In the mean time I made sure my handmade navy tie was just the right length and the four black buttons on my blue blazer was still intact in the 'self-reflection' mirror that read "Look at yourself, before and after, make sure to notice a change" which hung proudly on the principal's door.

A decade flew by before they came out and my father made us compare timetable. she was in a majority of my lessons except for PE which she shared with Oracle who was already out before Olorire could tag along with her, but other than that we both had Geometry, Home Economics, French, Chemistry, American History and as an extracurricular activities- Poetry writing.

Great I am stuck with her, if I could just find someone who would be willing to hang around with her for the rest of the year; this should be easy, most of the school answered to my beck and call.

"Ivan, look after her." My father shook my hand and patted my back before I could ask if he would come see my opening game. I rolled my eyes as he vanished out of the door, who knows when I'll see Arnold Kaiser again.

"Come on African, we have French first." she stopped in her tracks.

"African? My name is Olorire, not African." I scoffed as her gaze shifted to the masses of students watching her. I could sense her fear as she shuffled along. She stood out like a chicken in a leash of foxes. I give her till the end of the week, she'll be hiding out in the library or even better the toilets. As soon as I found the guys, I am dropping her like last months sport issue.

The smell of fresh and expensive students filled the hall with the sounds of clicking heels and the shingling of expensive handbags. huddles of guys stood around their locker checking out who would be on their to do list and what not. Some girls furiously texting on their phones sending out the latest gossip of who done who this summer and who is not coming back. While others checked out their competition for senior and who to mingle with.