Chapter 31- Ololufe Mi (Part 2)

A loud and vigorous knock woke me.

"Open up, it's us!" I unlocked the door and Allison, Oracle, Emma and Dame who I still stayed in contact with staggered in.

"It's barely six, what are you guys doing here."

"Helping you." Soon a rush of people came in.

"Go shower, brush your teeth and meet us downstairs."

"I don't want to; I've decided I'm leaving Ivan." Allison gasped.

"But you can't, but he he-" Oracle gave her look to be quiet.

"Just go and do it please." I obliged, coming back into the room. I didn’t have much hair to begin with; I kept my low cut look all these years.

They worked on my make-up for what seems like hours and the girls nodded satisfied. What the hell was going on? I thought. They grabbed my hand pulling me to the car.

"Where are we going?"

"Don't ask questions, just do." We pulled up to La Château some grand hotel that was well known and famous amongst the richest.

"What are we doing here?" they didn't answer and we got out. We rode the elevator to a suite which I had to whistle at. They sat me on a chair.

"Guys explain." They stood in a line in front of me.

"For the past couple of weeks, we have seen the frustration build on your face with Ivan." I sighed. "Ivan has been away lot, lying trying to keep things low key. It means hard, I know" She signalled Emma to bring something.

"Close your eyes first." I did. "Now open them." Sitting in front of me was a wedding dress.

"What is this?" the four girls gave me a look.

"Even you are not that slow! It's your wedding dress silly."

"I don't understand."

"Maybe this will." Oracle pressed play on the TV and Ivan appeared.

"Morning beautiful, I just wanted to let you know how much I love you, how much you captivate me. I want you to remain calm and not worry about anything. Just do as the girls say."

"So what you’re telling me is I'm getting married... today?" they all nodded and I screamed loudly.

"I'm getting married." I went onto the king size bed and jumped on it excitingly like a little kid.

"How long have you guys known?"

"Three months."

"Three months!"

"It was hard to keep it from you; so many times I nearly let it slip. Come on and put the dress on." I stripped off, slipping on the undergarments and then my dress. I couldn't exactly see what it looked like but I felt beautiful. The girls pushed me to the mirror and I cried. The dress was very simple and stunning. It was see through on the top half with flowery patterns on the front and back, it held my shape nicely and then it flared out at the bottom. The dress was delicate and beautiful. They led me to the car which was decorated with ribbons and balloons.

"Aren't you guys going to change?"

"Yes now go." Oracle shooed me as I opened the door and Arnold was sitting in the car, flowers in hand.

"This is for you... and this." another video began to play.

"I can't wait to see you; I can't wait to make you mine."

"You look stunning." Arnold said and I smiled the excitement and the prospect of what was happening still kicking in.

 We arrived and I stepped out keeping a hold on Arnold. We entered a room and a person joined me.

"Mamacita."

“Juan!” I ran up to him, I haven't seen him in two years and he looks fully grown rocking a beard.

"Happy wedding day." I began to cry.

"Don't mess up your make-up."

"I can't help it, you’re here."

"I know."

"Have you spoken to Allison?”

"...not yet."

"Come on let's get you married." the girls had arrived and I could see the shock on Allison's face. She hid it well and I could see in both of their faces they still liked each other a lot. Things had ended weirdly between them.

A bouncy tune of ‘Here comes the bride’ began to play like a weird and eccentric mix. My godson MJ had a little board in his hands.

"Here she comes." It read. He ran down the aisle with it causing the crowd to laugh. The girls followed out Juan with Allison, Michael and Oracle, Dame and Jonah and Emma and Leon. I slowly walked out down the aisle, the crowd muttered and I nervously looked ahead under my veil at my husband to be. Esme was sat on the front row with Jackson and his girlfriend. She was already dabbing her eyes. Ivan's teammates Nebraska bull were there too. All the people I cared about sat in there and waved at me as I walked the aisle. My work friends at school were also there and so were Mr Brown and Mrs Martin who mentored me when I was becoming a History teacher. Ivan stood arms behind his back in a tail coat, a cute bow and a beautiful grin on his face. He took me off Arnold lifting my veil.

"You look ravishing." We both smiled the dimples on his cheek visible.

"Dearly beloved... we are gathered here today..." I felt another round of tears threatening to spill especially with the way Ivan was looking at me as we slipped on the rings. I was so happy when we had to exchange vow. I didn’t have anything but what I felt could never be described on paper because it had to come from the heart. Oracle tapped me on the shoulder passing me a piece of paper.

“Ivan is the sexiest man alive and I am lucky to even be with him." I mugged him as he winked at Jonah. The crowd laughed and I rolled my eyes. It was his turn.

"I'm in love with you. I am so in love with you, I would lay my life down for yours in a heartbeat. Your smile, your eyes, your lips, everything about you just makes me feel so alive. Ever since you came into my life all those years ago I haven’t been able to think straight, you are always on mind 24/7 and I've been told I always have this lovesick smile on my face without even realising. My love, ololufe mi." I laughed, I thought him how to say it in Yoruba years ago. "I want to spend every waking moment with you, loving you, protecting you and showering you with endless love and have at least 10 mini us. Mom, dad, get ready." I smiled as they laughed "I want to grow old with you. Ololufe mi I don’t think I can emphasise enough what you've done to me, all this, everyone gathered here is because of you my queen." he got on his knees for a second and kissed my hand. My vision was blurred I was crying- third time today.

"I love you so much Ivan. I lost my parents years ago and every time you show me that I will always have you, you complete with me in every way and I wouldn't dream of being with anyone else... I have a confession to make. Yesterday I was planning on leaving you." he grew slightly pale. "You've been distant for a while, and then I found a letter from Shorty and Oracle kindly explained to me it was your cousin after she found out about your plans. I just wanted to say I am sorry, sorry for doubting us, this. I can't believe you've been planning our wedding for three months without me knowing. You are incredible and devoted and passionate and loving. You are everything I ever wanted and more. Truth is Ivan you are my soul mate." The audience awed.

"You may now-" Ivan had already grabbed my waist, pulled me closer and setting my lips on fire. People around us cheered as I tightened my hold on his neck not giving two cents it was probably too much PDA.