Chapter 14- Lo

VOTE COMMENT ENJOY
LOVE 
SUCKERFORFICTIONS

Ivan POV

A bald girl was sitting on the living room sofa when I walked in. She looked too at home to be an intruder. It could be one of African's friend or African it did look like her from the back but African had hair.

"Who are you?" she turned around and I nearly jumped out of my skin. It was African. "How? What? Your hair." she stood up touching it, her afro was completely gone replaced with a low cut style and a little side line going through her hair.

"You look ugly." her face changed into a frown and I knew she wanted to kill me but I have to keep up my jerk persona if I wanted her to admit her feelings for me. This was bound to work I can feel it. I could make out the little two strip bandage on the side of head and knew the reason for this new do was because of her partly missing hair.

"I don't think I asked for your opinion."

"You didn't need to I'm just saying it how it is. Your face looks too out there, makes your nose look bigger, you may actually need a nose job." she felt her nose, gritting her teeth in a murderous way. "Then worst of all to make my day go from bad to worse Mr Brown assigned us partners for debate on interracial couples ready for your return on Monday. Since today is Wednesday I suggest we get it done tonight, tomorrow you have that thing, mum enrolled you for and weekends well I'm a busy guy." I was trying to gauge her reaction to see what she thought on the matter. Suddenly our attention shifted to the two policemen who came out of the study along with the clicking of my mum's heels. I'm guessing they were here for another round of statements.

"You're back the police just have some quick enquires." they signalled for me to sit down next to Olorire and I nervously played with my school tie.

"I'm Officer Pete, this is lieutenant Andrews. So do you guys have any ideas who may have kidnapped you?" officer Pete took out his tablet getting ready to type. I shook my head and felt Olorire freeze next to me.

Please please just do this

"No I don't." I relaxed.

"We searched the warehouse and found no traces that could lead us back to anyone. In this unfortunate circumstances we are going to have to close the case for now due to insufficient evidence but if any more evidence arises we will let you know." they nodded at us as they stood up to leave, my mum leading them out. Olorire gave me a disdain look and I felt slightly guilty.

"Why can't we tell them?" she whispered.

"Because it is my fault and they could hurt us."

"You better tell me the full truth Ivan." she stormed off as I rubbed my temple. Oracle and Jackson came out of the kitchen eating a sandwich as they jumped in next to me. I ruffled Jackson's hair as he revealed the mesh of sandwich in his mouth. That's when I noticed my sister's tinted hair tip and nails.

"Is that why you didn't come to school?"

"Yes mum thought us as in me; Lo and she needed a girl's day out after everything."

"You can't call her Lo, she hates it. She says I'm the only one allowed to call her that." Jackson whined making me wonder why she didn't like that name. Olorire can be a bit of a mouthful and Jackson struggled the most out of all of us.

"So, what you and African are friends?" Oracle shrugged eating the last part of her sandwich.

"She isn't so bad once you get to know her. I guess she kind of knocked some sense into me it doesn't mean we are best friends, it just means we tolerate each other. We had so much fun at the salon today." Oracle laughed. "I told her next time she goes in there she had to take me. The women are hilarious."