Chapter 28

"Ser? Can you get up please?"

 I awoke with one eye up.

 Punk was shaking me by the shoulder. I was on his bed.

 "Oh crap, was I really tired last night?" I asked.

 "You came in and felt like falling down on my floor. I decided that I'd carry you to the bed and you just lay there. I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

 "What if you fell asleep in Kofi's chair?"

 "Kofi's chair? Hey, that may be his chair but I own this bus, ok?"

 I giggled. "Are we heading home?"

 "Yep."

 "Why?"

 "You can't just easily run away with me? That's like....kidnapping."

 "It's not! It's just a going away for a little while."

 "Eventually, you're going to have to come back home. And yes, it is like kidnapping because you're underage."

 "Yes, but..." I sighed. I lost this battle.

 "We're just going back and we're going to confess our love."

 "Not to everyone right?"

 "Nope. Just to your mom and aunt. I don't think that your father or my uncle will get along with it yet. I'm sure that Celia will explain to them about it though."

 "Um, yeah, I guess, and for the others?"

 "Of course, the same thing will happen. Celia will explain."

 I rolled my eyes. "I seriously wonder how Candi will take it."

 "Candi will be fine with it. I'm sure when she gets older, she'll understand that things like this happen. Serioulsy, it's not your fault if you're in love with me."

 I nodded. "My friend says that she expected you to be in love with me."

 "Why is that?"

 "I guess that ever since you started hanging out with me a little, she had a funny feeling."

 "I guess she did."

 "How long will it take until we get back home?"

 "I will say until 7. We need to explain big time about why you ran off with me. Unless you want to explain that it was of your own free will."

 "No, it's me. I'm going to explain to them that I was confused, that I was in love. And that no matter what they do, I'll still love you, even if I fall in love with someone else, I will love you instead like a brother."