• Four •

"Y/n? Wow, you have changed so much

"Y/n? Wow, you have changed so much."

Chaeyeon glanced up at Jungkook and then at you, giggling softly. "You know her?" She asked in surprise, making you sigh softly and nod in response as the two turned to look at you.

"Yeah, we had c-chemistry together." You said, clearing your throat to try and cover up the stutter you had.

Chaeyeon pulled away from Jungkook and sat down, Jungkook taking a seat beside her before looking around the cafe with a smile.

That smile you loved so dearly. The one he would show you whenever you partnered up and had the small talk that made your heart race and give him no reaction.

"The cafe is so pretty. I didn't know you were so into bunnies." He chuckled.

You looked around as well before your eyes connected and you stared at him before looking away quickly, trying your best to not blush.

"I'll go make you a coffee. I'll be back soon." You said quickly and got up, racing towards the counter and getting behind it. You whined to yourself, crouching down and grabbing your hair.

"Y/n? What are you doing?" You heard Hee-Jin ask you, making you look up with wide eyes and pull her down.

"Please, kill me! Do it before it's too late!" You whisper-yelled, crying out quietly in despair as she lifted an eyebrow. "Okay, what is wrong?" She asked in confusion, staring at you with furrowed eyebrows.

"The guy! He is the one I told you about! The one I had like a crush in high school!" You whisper-yelled, watching her roll her eyes.

"Didn't you say you didn't like him?" She asked, making you look down deep in thought you had moved on and that forgot him after high school. You looked up at Hee Jin in fear, your heart dropping.

"I did... but I didn't move on."

||

"You didn't have to stay for me. I can take care of myself." You said as you locked the doors of your cafe, Jungkook standing with his hands in his coat's pockets, waiting for you. You heard him let out a short chuckle, turning around once you had locked the doors.

"Well, Chaeyeon had already left and Hee Jin too. I couldn't just leave you. It would be rude."

You blushed, thankfully the cold hiding your red cheeks. You sighed softly and gave Jungkook a small smile, glancing at his black Mercedez. "Well, I guess I'll see you around." You said, receiving a nod from him.

"Yeah, see you."

You watched him turn around, letting out a quiet sigh to yourself before turning around too and starting to head to your apartment.

Your head hung low, shivering gently from the cold before you felt a hand on your arm, making you jump away from whoever grabbed you.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

You stared at Jungkook with wide eyes, "Huh? Weren't you leaving?" You asked in surprise, making him chuckle in response.

"No, I mean, yes. But I thought since it has been a few years since we last spent time together as... friends. We could maybe, go to a Korean barbecue restaurant I know and... spend time together." He suggested.

You stared at Jungkook in disbelief. He was asking you to spend a night together, have dinner together as friends. "You... You see me as your friend?" You ask in surprise.

He looked up at you with a confused look before letting out a chuckle. "Of course, I mean, we spent a lot of time in chemistry class together and we worked on our projects at each other's houses." He replied, his cheeks growing pink.

"I-I see you as a friend though... Even if we didn't speak much together." He stuttered a bit.

You smiled in response, letting out a soft giggle and nodding. "Well, friend, I would love to have dinner with you and see how you are doing." You replied.

He let out a soft giggle along with you, guiding you to his car and opening the passenger seat for you to get in.

Once inside, he quickly sprinted to the driver's seat and entered the car, sitting down and putting his seatbelt on. "So, what happened to you? Anything new?" He asked.

"No. Not really. Just... work and my apartment." You simply replied. "No boyfriend?" He asked in surprise, causing you to let out a sarcastic laugh, glancing at him as he took off.

"Ha, funny. But no. I never had a boyfriend." You said, turning to look outside at the cold night.

"I don't know how such a beautiful girl like you is single."