• Thirty Nine •

You smiled at him, your hands moving to his hair before pressing your lips on his

You smiled at him, your hands moving to his hair before pressing your lips on his. It felt like your first kiss after so long.

It felt like a dream as if it was just your imagination that his arms where around you and his lips were on yours.

His lips parted while kissing you back, a soft sigh escaping his chest. His arms caressed your back, holding you as close as possible.

You exhaled while pressing your chest to his, your head tilting to your side. Your hands moved to his shirt, ready to take it off until-

"Mommy! I'm hungry." Sejin called out while knocking on the door. You pulled away from the kiss, Jungkook moving to kiss your neck instead, making you giggle.

"I'll be out in a sec!" You called out, turning to Jungkook again and hitting his chest. "Stop it!" You said jokingly, chuckling along with him.

He pulled away and stared up at you, sighing shortly after. "Do you think they will get used to me being their father?" He asked quietly.

"I've been gone for the past 6 years, they grew up only with you beside them. I feel like I won't be good enough as a father." Jungkook ranted worriedly.

You pecked his lips with a smile, "Hey, I know what you want to say and no, it's not too late." You whispered back. "It never is."

After you got off of him, he got up with you and hugged you close. "I love you so much, Y/n." He whispered.

You hugged him back with a smile, sighing happily at his warmth. "I love you too." You whispered back. "Let's go or the girls will eat something sugary." You chuckled.

You exited the bathroom together and headed to the kitchen, seeing Sujin helping Hejin onto the counter.

"Girls~" Jungkook sang softly, a grin on his lips as he crossed his arms over his chest.

The girls looked back towards Jungkook and you, staying frozen with wide eyes. "H-Hi, appa..." Sujin said nervously.

You glanced at Jungkook as he headed towards them. He picked up Hejin with a hum, staring at them.

"You were going to eat cookies, weren't you?" He asked. Your eyes widened at how he knew that on the upper cupboard there were cookies since he had been gone for so long.

Sujin and Hejin blushed in embarrassment. "No sugar before dinner," Jungkook said.

You went to his side and wrapped your arms around his shoulders from behind, smiling at the two. "Exactly." You giggled, seeing the two pout.

"But mommy~" Hejin pouted, whining softly while leaning back towards you, wanting to be in your arms.

You picked her up, smiling at Jungkook who looked down sadly. "How about you go and play with Appa while I make dinner, hm? Show him the new toys and drawings you made for him." You said, wanting them to have some bonding time with him.

"Okay mommy~," Sujin said, taking Jungkook's hand and starting to drag him towards the living room with a giggle.

Hejin stayed in your arms shyly while Jungkook walked away with Sujin, glancing at you for a second before disappearing out of the room.

"Mommy, I want to stay with you." She said quietly, her head leaning on your shoulder. You chuckled softly, sitting her down on the counter.

After placing your hands by her sides, on the counter, you sighed. "He won't bite, Hejin-ah. He is your dad." You said.

"I know..." Hejin replied, pouting sadly while looking down at her lap, kicking her legs cutely.

You kissed her forehead with a smile. "Give him a chance. Do you know how happy he was to know that you were his daughter?" You said.

Hejin looked up at you with sparkling eyes, a smile growing on her lips. "Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course! He wants to be close to you and he also told me he wants to take us to a theme park tomorrow." You whispered, watching her giggle excitedly.

You put her down on the ground and watched her run to the living room where Jungkook and Sujin were.

As you cooked dinner, you could hear Jungkook's laugh and the girls' giggles which made your heart warm.

After being done, you poured the food in plates, heading to the dining room and placing the plates in each seat.

You headed to the living room and leaned against the doorway, watching Jungkook, Sujin, and Hejin drawing on papers, Jungkook's back towards you.

You walked to him and hugged him from behind, making him jump and look towards you with wide eyes before sighing in relief.

"God, you startled me." He chuckled, making you whisper a sorry in his ear and kiss his cheek. "Mommy, look!" Sujin said excitedly.

You looked at the paper she had stretched towards you, letting you see a drawing where Jungkook, you and the two girls were drawn.

You smiled at it, caressing her hair. "That's so cute, Sujin-ah." You said, taking the drawing in staring down at it.

Your eyes then soon fell upon the drawing Jungkook had done, your heart starting to race and your eyes widening.

"Oh... Oh my god..." You said in shock. It was a drawing of you. A drawing of you smiling, from one of the pictures he had taken of you one day with his camera.

"Jungkook..." You said, trailing off. Your eyes got teary as you giggled, Jungkook blushing softly.

"I-I wanted to draw something and I-I just started scribbling..." He stuttered shyly. You took the drawing, Sujin's drawing still in your hand.

"I thought you forgot about that picture. It was so long ago." You sobbed happily, unable to peel your eyes off the drawing.

He glanced at you, his hand moving to your cheek and making you look at him. He smiled and pecked your lips, the girls giggling while watching.

"How could I forget when that was the only thing I thought about for the past 6 years?"