• Twenty Four •

"Y/n! Stay with me!"

"The ambulance is on the way! Please!"

"Keep your eyes open, baby... Please..."

"J...Jungkook..."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. She..." The doctor trailed off. Jungkook's eyes widened, staring at the doctor. His cheeks were already, drenched with tears, even more running down.

He was drenched in water, clothes, and hair soaking wet due to the rain that had started pouring when he started running through the rain, the ambulance having been too slow.

"N-No... P-Please! No!" He exclaimed, falling on his knees as sobs started hysterically leaving him. The doctor crouched down and grabbed Jungkook's shoulders, "Boy, let me finish. She is alive but she is in a very critical state." The doctor said.

Jungkook's head snapped upwards to stare at the doctor. His eyes were red and swollen from all the crying, his mind hurt and his body felt like jelly, unable to even believe all of this was happening.

"I-Is she..." He trailed off. "She has very little chances of surviving. And if she does, she will have memory loss. She will have a memory loss of 2 days, a week, or even years."

The doctor said, patting Jungkook's shoulder with a sigh. "I'm sorry, we cannot do anything else. It's up to her and her health."

Jungkook nodded his head slowly, trying to accept what had happened. After getting off the ground, the doctor motioned him to the door and walked away after giving him a warm smile.

Jungkook braced himself to see you attached to many machines, bruises and everything he never wanted to imagine on you. 

His hand shakily took hold of the doorknob, twisting it hesitantly before pushing the door open. The sight in front of him made his lips tremble as he tried to hold in a sob stuck in his throat.

He stepped in slowly, closing the door behind him before leaning on it. You had a breathing machine attached to you, a tube placed into your mouth and to your breathing canal.

3 other IV's were connected to your veins, putting nutrients and other beneficial liquids into your blood to keep you alive and steady.

Jungkook slowly stepped forward to your unconscious body on the bed, his hands shaking as he finally let out a sob.

He sat on a chair by your bed, taking your bruised hand carefully in his and placing a kiss on it. "I'm sorry..." He whispered.

"Please, come back to me..." He sobbed out, burying his face in your hand as he let out uncontrollable sobs leave his body.

||

"She is okay. She will wake up soon, I feel it." Jungkook said through the phone to Yoongi. Yoongi had it on speaker so everyone could hear.

"Do doctors know if she has a chance to wake up?" Jimin asked. Jungkook sighed, biting his lips as he glanced at you.

"They said it's not severe and that she will recover in no time. Although the chance for her to wake up is about 20% of 100%." He said.

A nurse walked in the room where Jungkook was, carrying some food for him. "I gotta go, guys. I'll see you later." He said quickly before hanging up.

He had rented the room where you were, using the bed beside it to keep you company in case you woke up anytime soon.

Yoongi had said he would visit with everyone the next day, being busy with the cafe as well as Chaeyeon who had to meet a "friend".

Jungkook thanked the nurse before sitting down beside you with a sigh. "I wish you were awake. I would feed you and keep my arms around you." He sighed, taking a bite of his noodles.

"When will you learn to look to your sides before crossing? Hm?" He whispered, reaching over to caress your cheek.

"You're lucky you survived." The door opened revealing Taehyung, one of Jungkook's close friend, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"Hey, Kookie. Doing good?" He asked. "It's been a week and I feel like it has been an eternity," Jungkook replied with a groan, leaning back on the chair with a exhale.

"She'll wake up soon, don't worry, okay?" Taehyung tried reassuring him, placing a bag in front of him. Jungkook eyed him with confusion, lifting an eyebrow without saying anything.

"The snacks you asked me to get for you." Taehyung said, making Jungkook nod his head as he muttered a quiet 'Oh'.

"They are Y/n's favorite snacks. Which are now mine." He said, smiling lovingly at you, Taehyung eyeing the two of you with a quiet chuckle. "Aigoo, you really love her that much, don't you?" He said, sitting down beside Jungkook who hummed.

"I would give anything to be in her place right now. To be the one on the hospital bed."