• Thirteen •

You stared at each other, his face a few inches away from yours

You stared at each other, his face a few inches away from yours. He stood still as you barely moved too, eyes never leaving each other.

Your heart was beating fast, unable to calm it down as you were this close to the one you loved. You asked yourself why he had leaned in, why he stared at your lips.

You wondered if he mistook you for Chaeyeon for a second, but it was impossible since you barely resembled her.

He sighed and pulled away, his hand going to his hair and pulling it as he groaned, hearing him quietly mutter, "Goddammit..."

Yo stared at him in confusion, your heart tight in your chest. "What? Why are you angry?" You asked softly, watching him stare around the empty, dark street.

"I feel the urge to- and I can't- Chaeyeon-" He said quickly said, turning to you with wide eyes, stress obvious in his eyes.

"You have the urge to what?" You simply asked in the softest voice you could mutter, already done with trying to act angry even though you didn't want to be there at the moment.

Jungkook stared at you for a hit, his lips parting as he hesitated into telling you. "I c-can't..." He stuttered softly, his eyes looking away from you.

You sighed, watching him hand you the bag with your favorite snacks. "I-I have to go, take this," Jungkook said quickly before walking away before you could protest.

You watched him quickly walk down the street until he disappeared, the coat flying back at the speed he was going at.

Once inside your apartment, you placed the bag on the counter and took out the ramen cups and snacks he bought you.

After a few minutes, you sat at the counter eating the noodles and the snacks. You jumped slightly when your phone on the counter started vibrating.

You looked, Jungkook's ID on the screen. You quickly took the phone, ready to swipe and answer but you hesitated.

You remembered you were mad for what he told you. The call stopped and he called again, showing he was needy for you to answer.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" You asked quickly, hearing his ragged breaths and sniffles. You could guess he was crying for some reason.

"Y-Y/n... I-I need to go to your house." He said quickly, sobbing heavily. "Of course, come here whenever you can." You replied.

"I'm on your street, nearly ther- Fuck!" You heard him yell. The sound of screeching tires, a body-slamming and glass shattering echoed through the phone call.

Your eyes widened, "Jungkook? Jungkook!" You exclaimed, your breath starting to race as you quickly hung up. You raced to the door, gathering your keys and coat.

After opening the door, you threw your jacket on, locking the door before your legs already started guiding you before you could realize it.

You felt the cold air hit your face and body, going through the gap of the coat as you ran down the street. You saw an ambulance pass you, heading towards the accident.

"Jungkook!" You sobbed, tears blurring your sight as you followed the ambulance. It stopped by a car on the side, Jungkook's phone shining on the ground.

Legs stocked out from the side where the ambulance covered your sight from seeing more. Blood was visible on the broken glass of the car, making you sob.

You walked slowly, taking the phone from the ground while hesitantly looking up to the body on the ground. You sobbed in relief to see it was not Jungkook, making you fall to your knees and sob heavily.

"Y/n?" You heard behind you, your head snapping upwards. You stumbled to your feet as you looked behind you, "Jungkook." You said, quickly running to him and hugging him tightly.

He hugged you back, caressing your back as you sobbed uncontrollably. "I thought you got hit by the car, I thought you were on the floor." You sobbed.

Jungkook stared at the man as he was taken into the ambulance. "That man saved me..." He muttered. You looked up at him, your hands going to his cheeks.

"What happened? Why are your eyes so red?" You asked in worry, his lips trembling, a sigh going through his lips. He took his phone and unlocked it, thankfully it was not broken.

 He took his phone and unlocked it, thankfully it was not broken

"That's Chaeyeon. I got it sent when I was going home to Chaeyeon."

[ That is not Shawn Mendez. I took the pic from Pinterest. ]