• Fourty Nine •

It had been a few hours

You had been taken out of surgery and had been keeping you in a post-surgery room after. It had been a few hours, Jungkook's head about to blow up.

A cup of coffee came in his view in front of him, looking up to see Yoongi there with a sad smile. "You probably need it." He whispered.

Jungkook took it while saying a quiet thank you, looking down at the liquid. He was leaning forward, his elbows on his knees as he sat.

"Why is it that something bad happens all the time to us?" He asked quietly, knowing Yoongi wouldn't be able to reply.

"Chaeyeon cheating on me, you cheating on Y/n,-" He was cut off by Yoongi. "Woah, Woah." He said, letting out a chuckle.

"What happened in the Cafe was not what you think. She is my cousin." Yoongi said, Jungkook looking at him with his swollen eyes, an eyebrow lifted in disbelief.

"Look, I know it sounds like an excuse and a lie. But it is true. My cousin had a Boyfriend and I was just teasing her because she used to grow shy when her boyfriend called her baby." He explained.

"They are both happily married now and she is always apologizing for what she isn't at fault." Jungkook nodded his head softly, turning towards the door.

"Still, Chaeyeon cheated on me. I was then taken away when we were finally happy again. She had 2 kids without me and now she is going to have one more." He sighed.

Yoongi placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and squeezed it comfortingly. "Yes, but this time you are here." He replied.

Jungkook gave him a small half-smile, jumping up along with Yoongi when the door to your room opened. "She is on the way." Said one of the nurses that were taking care of you.

Right on time, your bed turned a corner and you were there, the doctors pushing you towards the room. "Y/n," Jungkook said.

Yoongi took the cup of coffee from him and smiled, "I'll be with Chaeyeon in the garden." He said before taking his leave.

You stretched your hand out weakly towards Jungkook when you were side by side, unable to get a hold of his since you were pushed inside.

"Okay. Make sure to take a lot of rest and don't force yourself. If you need help to get up, ask help from your fiance or call a nurse." The doctor warned.

Everyone left afterward, leaving you and Jungkook alone in the room. He closed the door as you stared at his back, watching him slowly turn around.

"Are you-?" He started but you didn't let him finish. "I am okay." You said in a weak tone, the painkillers and anesthesia still having an effect on you.

"The baby is okay too." You whispered. He took your hand once he was by your bed, sitting down on it by your side.

"I was so worried." He said, biting his lower lip as tears started falling down his cheeks. You placed one hand on his cheek and pulled him down to your chest.

You smiled when he hugged you tightly, crying into your neck while you caressed his hair.

You didn't want to imagine or think about what he had gone through during your surgery. "I thought I wouldn't see you again." He whispered.

You looked into each other's eyes when he sat up, his hand moving to caress your cheek and then your swollen belly. "I was worried about the two of you."

"I'm okay now. I'll just need some rest so I can recover and we'll go back to normal." You said, holding his hand softly and caressing it with your thumb.

Jungkook sighed, biting his lower lip as he pondered over something he wanted to say. "What is it?" You whispered.

"I..." Jungkook trailed off. He looked down at your hands together, holding yours with both of his.

"I just want all of this to end. All this drama and danger we are in. I want us to be safe and well." He finally said.

You pulled him closer, signaling him to lay down after you moved carefully to the side. All your IV's were on your right side, so, he wouldn't lay on them on your left side.

"It all is ended. Once the baby is here, we will go back to normal. The baby will grow with you beside him." You whispered, hugging him close.

Jungkook hummed, closing his eyes as his form slowly started relaxing with you in his arms. "I'm so glad you are okay." He whispered.

You giggled softly, looking up at him and pecking his lips lovingly. He kissed you back before pulling away.

"Let's move somewhere else. Somewhere nobody knows us so we can be safe for once."