• Eight •

It was morning

It was morning. The sun shining through your window and lighting up the entire room. You felt your head was laying on a hard chest when you started waking up, your eyes slowly opening.

You looked up to see Jungkook's face there, making your eyes widen. He fell asleep with you and you were both hugging.

You quickly but carefully got out of his embrace, moving the arm that was around your back to rest on the bed by your pillow.

You got up slowly before heading to the door, hugging your hoodie close. Once in the kitchen, you made coffee for you and Jungkook, sitting down by the counter as you looked outside and the cold city.

Your mind traveled back to all the memories you had with Jungkook. To all those moments when Chaeyeon talked to you about how much she loved him.

You couldn't help but feel pain grow in your heart at the thoughts, your hands slightly shaking as you held the cup close to your lips.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook's voice sounded from beside you. You quickly looked at him with wide eyes before blinking the tears in your eyes away.

"Ah, yeah, sorry. I made you coffee." You said quickly, sniffling softly while getting off the stool and heading to the fridge.

Jungkook stopped you midway, his hand on your wrist. He pulled you towards him with a gentle tug, making you look up at him.

"Hey, come on. Tell me." He said softly, staring at you with what you could see in his eyes as worry.

"Why?" You whispered. Your eyes filled up with tears again, staring up at him as your lips parted. "Why did it have to be you?" You whispered again.

He tilted his head in confusion, letting out a short chuckle. "What do you mean? On what did it have to be me?" He asked back.

You sighed and closed your eyes, looking down while biting your lower lip. "Nevermind. It's stupid." You said. You pulled away from him and headed back to the fridge.

"Y/n, it's not. It's obviously bothering you." He asked, following you. "I told you, it's stupid. You should be with Chaeyeon now." You said.

You heard Jungkook's ringtone echo around the apartment. "You should go pick it up. It's probably Chaeyeon." You said.

"She can wait. What is important right now is you."

You scoffed softly as you opened the water bottle you took, drinking some of the water. "Why can't you just leave me be?" You asked.

"How am I supposed to let you be when I see you're clearly bothered about me? I want to know what bothers you!"

Your voices started raising as you continued arguing. He asked you things as you rudely spat back, getting annoyed by him being so noisy.

When he snatched your arm, it caused the bottle in your hand to spill water on his shirt, the two of you finally stopping and gasping quietly.

Jungkook groaned as he pulled the shirt away from his skin, the water too cold. "I'm sorry. I didn't know it was still open. I forgot." You quickly said.

The doorbell echoed throughout the house. "You should get that," Jungkook said as he looked at you, giving you a quick smile.

You sprinted to the door, not looking through the peephole as you opened it. "Chaeyeon?" You asked in shock.

She stood there with a smile, "Hey, sorry to bother so early. But, I've been calling Jungkook and he isn't picking up. I think he is mad at me." She asked with a sigh.

"Well, I-" "Y/n, where can I put my shirt to dry?" Jungkook asked as he walked to you. Chaeyeon's smile disappeared when you turned around to see Jungkook shirtless.

His wet shirt in his hands. "C-Chaeyeon..." He stuttered, staring at her with wide eyes. "So this is what you've been doing in your free time?" Chaeyeon asked, tears shining in her eyes as she looked back at you.

"Chaeyeon, this isn't what it looks like." You quickly said as she turned around and quickly started going down the hallway.

"Fuck!"

You watched Jungkook quickly put his shirt on and dash after her, making you look at his back slowly disappearing down the hallway.

"I wish you would run after me instead..." You whispered. You closed the door with a sigh, sniffling before heading to your room and deciding to start cleaning so you could take your mind off things.

You hated the thought of your heart belonging to him.