• Eighteen •

"Y/n, are you sleeping?" You heard a quiet voice say from outside, making you look away from your book

"Y/n, are you sleeping?" You heard a quiet voice say from outside, making you look away from your book. "I think the light I have on makes it obvious I'm not." You replied with a chuckle.

A girly giggle was heard, opening the zipper and pulling the entrance open. "Do you mind if I go in?" Chaeyeon said, smiling at you as you nodded back.

"Sure, of course. What's wrong?" You asked in confusion. She sat down and sighed, a soft nervous look on her face. "I-umm..." She trailed off.

"I just... I want to tell Jungkook to get married. We've been dating for the past 2 years and we will make 3 years soon. I think he is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with." She explained.

Your chest sank in as a breath you were holding while she talked left your lungs. Your eyes stung with tears, staring at her in shock.

You weren't crying because you were happy. You were crying because it was too late. Your hesitation and feeling that were growing for Yoongi stopped you.

"So?..." She asked. "Go for it." You simply replied, a tear rolling down your cheek. "Oh my God, really?! Do you think he'll say yes?" She asked excitedly.

"I'm sure he will." You said in a quiet voice, watching her as she jumped on you and hugged you tightly. "Yes! We should celebrate!" She said, quickly pulling away and getting up before exiting the tent.

You sniffled and sighed, wiping your cheeks. After getting out, you caught sight of another pair of feet along with Chaeyeon's, meaning there was someone else.

"Kookie~" Chaeyeon sang, happily hugging him close. You looked up to see his teary eyes staring at you. You two couldn't glance away, his head tilting to the side softly.

"Yes, I will marry you, Chaeyeon."

||

"Wow! You're getting married?" Hoseok said in shock. Chaeyeon hugged Jungkook's arm close and snuggled into it, smiling widely. "Yes! We are. He said yes!" She exclaimed happily.

You and Yoongi smiled, Yoongi smiling proudly at the two. "I'm so proud of you, Jungkookie. Even though we know each other for a month, you are already getting married." Yoongi said with a chuckle.

"He is all grown up," Jimin said with a fake sob, wiping his invisible tears as everyone shared a laugh. You got up after placing your empty cup of Soju down on the table.

"Hm? Where are you going, Y/n?" Yoongi asked in surprise at you suddenly getting up. You smiled down at him, leaning down and kissing his cheek.

"I need some fresh air. I'll go walk around the place for a bit." You replied, not waiting for a response as you quickly made your way to the forest by the tents.

"I'll follow after her to make sure she is okay," Yoongi said, getting stopped by Jungkook as he got up. "It's okay, hyung. I'll go. I have to talk to her in private anyways." He said, sprinting off after you.

"So weird," Yoongi said, shrugging afterward towards everyone else as they shrugged as well. You walked with your hands in your pockets, head lowered down while walking around the forest, too lost in your thoughts.

Once you were deep inside the forest, you took a lighter and a box of cigarettes out, hesitating in lighting one. "I wouldn't do that if I was you." You heard Jungkook's voice from behind you.

You groaned, closing your eyes, leaning your head back and sighing. "For real, can't you just leave me the fuck alone?" You spat back, obviously irritated by his behavior lately.

"To answer your question honestly, I cannot. I can't because I'm getting married to someone I love, but, my heart. It tells me to go to you. To leave her." He said.

"You brought that upon yourself, Jungkook. It was not me." You simply replied, turning to look at him while putting the cigarettes and lighter in your pockets again.

"You said you were going to marry her. You overheard us and replied to her proposal with a yes. I am not at fault for your own actions." You explained.

Jungkook quickly grabbed your arms pulling your closer so your faces were inches away, making you widen your eyes slightly and your heart race.

"I know you love me, Y/n. I know you do. Just tell me you do, hm? Tell me!" He said in desperation, exclaiming softly while shaking you harshly. You sobbed a bit, shaking your head.

"You love Chaeyeon, Jungkook. You are getting married to her. It's  too late to do that now." You replied, watching him pull away with a scoff. "Too late? Telling me you love me is too late?" He asked in shock.

"Yes, Jungkook! You are engaged! I have a boyfriend! Chaeyeon is so happy with you and I cannot just go on and break her heart by stealing you away!" You exclaimed.

He leaned in close to you so that your faces were inches away. You gulped softly, letting it a sniffle and a sigh as he bit his lower lip.

"Then, Y/n. Until you get married to Yoongi, I won't get married to Chaeyeon." Then, he walked away towards the camp.