7| Coffee

Shayam POV

"Sir, here we are" my driver called me.

I walked out of the car and saw the rain pouring heavily. My manager ran to me with an umbrella and we walked into the huge glass building.

"Where's our bidder?" I asked him.

"He's already in there sir, waiting for us" he said.

"Good. I want this at any cost"

"Noted sir" We walked to the lift.

Taking the lift to the tenth floor, I saw many business men all across the country seated for the auction. Taking my cue card, I sat on the fifth row with my manager ready with his laptop near me.

I have to get this.

Many people started to come and it's almost time.

"We warmly welcome all the gentleman and ladies here to the auction of this year  Let's start this, shall we?!" And it began.

"First, a boat house owned by Mr. Daniel Lockwood. Starting from 10,000 dollars. Gentlemen men and ladies, you can start the bidding"

"12,000 dollars"

"15,000 dollars"

It's getting heated up.

"18,000 dollars"

"25,000 dollars"

"25,000 dollars going once, twice and the boat house is sold to bidder number 25"

Everyone clapped and here comes the next.

"The second bid for today is the ancient Julie Pierce necklace starting from 12,000 dollars. It's the most ancient jewel of the twenties owned by the mayor of the town. The bid shall start"

"15,000 dollars"

"20,000 dollars"

"50,000 dollars"

Woah! That's insane!

"50,000 dollars going once, twice and sold to number 17"

"Next it's the GM fabrics and their production house. Owned by James Mace. Bid starts from 25,000 dollars"

Here's what I waited for.

"30,000 dollars" Bud number 12 raised his card.

"40,000 dollars" I smirked at number 12 when my bidder raised 15, my card.

"45,000 dollars" someone else started to bid.

"50,000 dollars" it's me again.

"55,000 dollars"

"60,000 dollars"

"65,000 dollars"

This is getting on my nerve!

"100,000 dollars" I raised my cue card and everyone's eyes were on me. I don't give a damn. I need that company.

"200,000 dollars"

I turned my head to see the bidder. I was stunned to see the pretty face of none other that the famous and beautiful Shanaya Singhania. I smiled inwardly.

Am not gonna let you get this.

"250,000 dollars"

This time she turned to me and the same awe expression in her face, just like I expected.

"27...."

"300,000 dollars" I cut her off.

"300,000 dollars going once, going twice and sold to bidder number 15" I smirked at her when it was announced. She twisted her lips in disappointment.

After the bid is over, I went up to get the contract signed after my manager filled in them with all the necessary details.

Signing the contract off, I looked at the ownership of GM fabrics in my hand. A smile of pride danced in my lips.

Got what I want!

"Hello Shanaya! It's very rude not to greet someone close to you" I thought to mess up with her a little, after all she was giving me a tough competition in the bid.

"Hello" she sounded dull.

"That doesn't seem welcoming"

"What do you want Shayam?" She asked. Her tone was filled with annoyance which anyone could make out.

"A coffee maybe" I swear I had no idea where that came from. I wasn't aware of what I am doing.

"No" she snapped.

That hurt my ego.

"I never take no for an answer" I smirked.

She just shook her head in disapproval and started walking. You think am gonna let you go!?

Following her, we got into the lift. When I saw my manager getting in to, I signalled him not to and the lift door shuts.

"What's with you competing me with so much passion?"

"What's with you bidding despite your bidder you appointed for?" She asked staring straight at the door as if I weren't here.

"I wanted it"

"Me too" she looked at me.

"I had plans for the company"

"I had too"

"Since when did you start business? Last time I checked you never liked business" I know that about her. Business and tactics ain't her thing. She is more of a creative girl and always coming up with something innovative. I don't know how she's gonna survive this tricky business world.

"Family issues. Don't really wanna talk about it" she sighed. We'll, understood.

"How long have you been doing this?"

"A year, right after my internship got over"

"And that reminds me of, stay away from Armaan. It's safe to say that the far away you are the safer you are" I said. She narrowed her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"He's been looking for you since the day he met you. He's even asked my men about you. He's hunting you down, so just stay careful" I said.

"Sure. Thank you for warning me"

"No mention"

There was silence surrounding us till the lift tings, indicating we reached the ground floor. I walked out of the lift when I heard her.

"Coffee?"