40. Love her

Shayam POV

"Babe?" I heard Shanaya shouting from downstairs.

"Yeah, two minutes" I shouted back and walked to the closet. I secretly packed all her favorite swimsuits and her sun screen. Putting them fast in my bag, I walked out of the room carrying my luggage.

"Is the car ready?" I asked her. She was sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone. Once she saw me, she shut her phone and walked to me.

"Yes babe, I asked the driver to put our luggages in. What's in this?" She pointed at the bag I'm carrying.

"Just some files babe" she nodded and walked to the car. Thank god she didn't get suspicious.

We got in the car and the driver drove us to the airport. She leaned on my shoulder, looking outside through the window.

"Thanks for accompanying me to the conference" I said, kissing her forehead.

"Of course babe" she held my hand and kissed my forehead. She leaned again on my shoulder and soon we reached the airport.

Actually she's been stressing a lot about work lately and kept having a lot of tension. She's been wanting to go to a holiday for a couple of weeks but I couldn't change my schedule. So after all my work is over, I finally made a plan to take her to Miami. The stay is for two weeks but she doesn't know that. I just asked her to accompany me to a conference at Germany and she agreed right away since I told her I'll miss her.

Gosh! I love my wife so much!

We got out of the car and went inside the airport. The checking went on for half an hour and finally we are in our plane. Our bags are already loaded and I asked our pilot to take off right away.

She held me close when we took off cause she always gets scared during take off.

"Are you hungry babe?"

"Yes, I'd love to have a burger and some fries" she asked the flight attendant to bring it and I ordered myself a salad.

She started to dig in and I stole some of her fries. She kicked my hand away and again I stole them. She asked for some more when I stole all her fries. She just glared at me, pointing her fists when I attempted to steal again. I chuckled and let her eat. Soon we finished eating and we both were tired.

I pulled her to the room and we laid down side by side and dozed off real quick.

I woke up and checked it's already been 5 hours. I turned to see Shanaya sleeping loudly, cuddling me. I came out of her hold very slowly. Just seeing her makes me happy. She's been the perfect wife, always understanding me and being there for me through thick and thin. I can't wait to surprise her. I swear she'll love it.

She always loved to spend time with me but I have been so busy lately that I almost come home at midnight and she's already asleep. She wanted to go on a vacation and I'm glad she's putting up with me and my busy schedule. It's not like she's asking for kgs of gold. I can't wait until we get there.

It takes more 6 hours to reach and I hope she sleeps most of the time. I don't want her to find out and ruin my surprise. I washed my face and worked a little so that I won't have any disturbance for the next 2 weeks. After about an hour I went back to my wife and slept.

"Babe?" She shook me and I woke up.

"Just sleep wifey" I pulled her again but she got out of my hold.

"Shayam, we have to eat. I'm hungry"

We ate some snacks and I'm glad she didn't check the time. We kept talking and played some board games. She was so excited when she won. She danced around, jumping and I'm so glad she's enjoying. I can't wait to tell her the surprise.

We soon reached and she walked out of the plane first.

"Babe we're not in France" she said panicking as she checked the surroundings. We have been to France a lot and she knows.

"Don't tell me there's something wrong and we landed here" she panicked and I chuckled looking at her.

"We're in Miami love"

Her eyes widened and she jumped into my arms.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" She kissed my cheek and her eyes widened with happiness.

"Yes wife, we have been working a lot and this is our time to take a break. Is 2 weeks enough?" She literally kissed the hell out of me and started jumping around.

"Wow babe! This is the best surprise" she said excited and I hugged her.

"Come on, let's go" I pulled her to the car and she can't stop looking around.

"This place is so beautiful" she said and kissed me again.

"Thank you for bringing me here"

"Anything for you wife" I wasn't wrong when I picked this place. It has a lot of beaches and I bet she'll love it.

"Babe I didn't get my swimming clothes"

"I got them for you"

"No way"

"I randomly picked though"

"Shayam" she hissed and I laughed.

"I'm kidding. I brought your favorite ones and your sun screen too" she crashes her lips to mine.

"You're the best husband"

"Of course I am" I winked.

"Today is going to be a fun day" she squealed and I'm glad we made it through. She's the source of my happiness and I'm glad I got her. Being with her in fun and exciting with lots of ups and downs.

I can't help but feel so happy to be with her. She's literally the everything to me and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I love her so much..