15. Bomb

Shayam POV

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear mommy
Happy Birthday to you"

I sang along with my dad and she woke up smiling. It's 12 and it's her birthday today.

"Aww thank you son"

"Happy Birthday wife" my dad hugged my mom and she gave him a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's cut the cake"

My mom cut the cake and fed it to me.

"Mom, we have arranged a small party at home since you didn't want a grand one. My people will come around afternoon to set up our house. So be ready and I'll also be home before evening" I reminded her.

"But I told you I don't want any party" my mom whinned.

"Mom it's not a party. Think of it as a get together. No buisness people, just family members and some close friends" I reassured her.

"Wow then it's gonna be fun. Can't wait" she sounded excited. I kissed my mom's forehead and went to my room after wishing her again.

Next morning, I woke up and got ready for work. After finishing work, I quickly wrapped up everything and went to my car.

Just then my phone rang and I answered it.

"Hello Shayam!"

"Hey Shanaya! What's up?"

"I just called to know the timing of the party. The twins are nagging me to take them to your house since morning" I chuckled hearing that. They're so cute and adorable.

"You can come anytime but the party is in 2 hours. But join us in some pre party chatters" I said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I have already messaged you the address. Just come here asap" I said and forwarded my address to her mobile.

"Ok see you there" she hung up.

Reaching my home, I saw my house decorated perfectly and on time. The decorators did a good job.

"Good evening sir"

"Where's mom?"

"She's in her room getting ready sir" the maid answered. I'll just meet her downstairs.

My phone rang and it's Arjun.

"Hello bud"

"We'll be there in 29 minutes. And we'll be going to Miami for 3 days this weekend. I'll have my jet ready by Friday evening" he said.

"That sounds like a plan. I'll clear my schedule for this weekend then" I ended the call.

Going to my room, I stripped and hopped on the shower. Taking a quick hot bath I changed into a Jean and a black t shirt. Doing my hair I walked out of my room and saw my mom already talking to Shanaya.

"Hey guys"

"Hello Shayam! This is so good here" Anya said.

"Yes, the decorations are awesome" Aarav said.

"Yes but not more than these cookies" Anya said, licking her hands and pointing to the clean plate.

"You liked them? I'll get you more" my mom said excited and walked to the kitchen to bring them more.

"There's going to have sweet tooth soon" I heard Shanaya say with a deep sigh. I chuckled.

"Good to see you" I greeted her.

"My mom loves kids, can't help it" I said.

"Yes you're mom is so sweet" she said and we walked to the backyard where the party is about to take place.

"So have you showed her the present yet?" She asked.

"No not yet"

"I'm sure she'll love it" she said.

"Of course, girls love jewellery and your help in the selection was amazing"

"Not all girls love jewellery, but yeah mostly Anya helped you" she said.

"Not all girls?"

"Yes, like me. Or maybe only me" we both chuckled.

"So what gets you surprised?"

"Something small yet personal. It doesn't have to be expensive but has a personal touch" I was amused by her answer. Maybe she's truly different.

"I see the guests have start to come. You should go and greet them" she said pointing to the door.

"Yeah, see you around. Have fun at the party. Arjun and Yaamini will be here any minute now" I said and walked away to greet the guests.

It was time for cake cutting and everyone gathered around my mom. She cut the cake and fed my dad, then me.

"Aunty me too"

"Yeah me too" the twins opened their mouth and my mom fed them too. Everyone chuckled and they were rewarded by a pair of Shanaya's glare. They moved behind my mom to hide themselves and I chuckled more.

"Here's your present dear" my dad gave her his present and she was so happy to receive it. It was a designer bag and she loved it.

"My turn" I gave her mine and she was so happy to see mine.

"I love it Shayam. Thank you so much son" she hugged me with tears in her eyes.

"Mom, don't cry" I patted her back and she smiled.

"I'm lucky to have you son"

Then all the guests started giving her wishes and their gifts. I saw Arjun and Rick talking in a corner and I went to them.

"What's up guys?

"I heard Armaan is doing his dirty work again" Arjen said sipping his drink.

"He approached me for a export Collab"

"He went to Celab earlier and apparently he rejected his offer" Rick said.

"I don't know what's his plan. It's like he's onto something very dangerous"

"Dude don't accept the deal yet"

"Yes, I feel a dangerous aura coming from him" Arjun said.

"Don't worry, I won't until I know his motive.

"I heard he even approached Singhania enterprises and they have a deal made" Rick said.

"Singhania as in Mr. Sekar Singhania?" Arjun asked.

"Yes, but his daughter is the one who's the acting CEO" Rick said.

"Dude it's Shanaya" Arjun said and I wasn't expecting that.

"It can get her into danger. She's new to this and it's dangerous for her"

"I'll talk to her about it" I reassured him and went to search for her.

"We need to talk" I said, tapping on ger shoulder. She excused herself and we sat in the nearby bench.

"You have a deal with Armaan?"

"Yes Shayam" she said causally and I don't know why that got me mad.

"Are you crazy? Did you forget what happened in the restaurant? He has some bad intentions towards you" I yelled at her.

"I don't think so. He was so nice to me" I need to make people believe it.

"Nice? Fuck that. Do you even know him before this deal?" I can't beleive that's happening. She's totally stupid.

"Yes I do went on a couple of dates with him. He wanted more and I didn't. So we decided to be buisness partners for now and probably later maybe we date for real" she said dropping a while fucking bomb on me.