25. Want to be with her

Shayam POV

It was late at night and I had just finished my dinner after a tiring workout. Drinking my water, I walked to my bedroom and layed down. Looking at the celing I feel empty. Like my life didn't mean anything, I don't know when this emptiness crept inside me. I feel like an unsolved puzzle, my missing piece isn't found yet.

I kept thinking until my phone rang.

"Hey man" it's Arjun.

"Shayam, it's Yamini" what happened at the middle of the night?

"Hey what's up?"

"Have you talked to Shanaya today?"

"No, not since your little party at your place" I answered as I sat up on the bed.

"Oh ok, thanks" she hung up.

Why is she asking for Shanaya right now? Is something wrong?"

I called Arjun and this time he picked up the phone.

"What's going on Arjun?"

"Shanaya didn't come home since morning. She went for shopping and no returned yet. The twins are worried and her father is out of town right now" I was wondering where she went.

"Did Armaan know about this?"

"I can't reach him, my men have tired to contact him but he's totally vanished" he said and I out of bed.

Putting on my shirt and my shoes, I got my car key.

"I'll go look for her"

"No need man, I have my people already on it"

"It's ok, I'll get her to her house after I find her"

"Ok bud, be safe" he hung up and I walked downstairs. Suddenly my mom saw me and she asked me where I'm going.

"To search fir Shanaya mom, she's not home yet"

"Oh I met her at the mall today"

"When exactly mom?"

"In the morning, we went shopping together and I brought the kids some things. We had coffee together and I left. She told me she'll show the twins the dresses and they'll love them"

Did she go away somewhere or is she kidnapped? Oh my god! I need to get her.

"Was she alone mom?"

"Yes son, she was alone"

"Ok, I need to go search for her. I'll be home late" I said.

"Ok go"

I walked to my car and drove straight to the mall. Seeing me enter, the security immediately came to me. I got out of my car.

"Sir, what can I do for you?"

"I need to look at the camera here" I pointed at the security camera and he hesitated.

I immediately called my PA and he got the permission of the mall manager.

His phone rang and he walked me to the cctv room. Playing all the photages, I saw Shanaya sitting there watching my mom leave. Her smile slowly vanished and she almost teared up. She went to the restroom and came back to her car. She drove the car all the way out and headed to the outskirts of the city.

Running to my car, I drove to the outskirts. I kept driving until I saw her car parked at the side of the road. I searched for her and saw her sitting on a bench near the beach. Taking a breath of relief, I walked to her. She didn't notice me standing near her. She was lost in her own world.

I sat beside her on the bench and touched her hand. She looked at me and I found a void in her eyes. She looked so dull and lost.

"What's wrong?" I asked and she didn't reply. She just sat there and kept looking at me intently. It was like she was in deep pain.  Her eyes slowly started filling with tears and I pulled her close. She kept her head on my chest and slowly teared up. I decided not to ask her anything and just let her be.

She held my arm and kept hugging me. I didn't see her ever like this. I always thought she was a strong girl but something is bothering her and I might know what is that. I heard her mom died and she was very close to her. Her death made her disappear for few days and then she came back again to look out for the twins. I know about this since Yamini told me. She saw me looking at her with those eyes and she warned me to stay away from her if I'm looking at her with bad intentions. I assured her I'm changed and would never do anything to hurt her friend and she trusted me.

After about 15 minutes, she looked up at me and smiled a little. I was glad she smiled. She sat back leaning on the bench, looking at the sea.

"Do you want to go home now?" I asked and she nodded. We walked to the car and I quickly call Arjun to let him know that I got Shanaya and bringing her home. He told me he'll go to Shanaya's home with Yamini.

When she was about to get in her car, I stopped her.

"Come with me, I'll have my men take your car later" she nodded and sat in my car. As I started driving to her home, she kept silent all the time, just looking outside the window. I decided to give her time.

"Thank you" she said.

"For?"

"Finding me and just being with me till now" I nodded.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked carefully and she chuckled seeing the way I stammered asking her.

"It's my mom" I was right.

"It's been almost 8 years she died and I never got to say goodbye to her. She was always my best friend. My family wasn't the way it was back then. We weren't rich and my family had to suffer a lot. My dad used to be buried in office and work and the twins were very small. I had no friends and was all lonely. She was always been there for me trying to fill the void in everyone's lives.

She made sure our family sits together for dinner at least on the weekends. She filled the void of a friend in my life. She even helped dad with work and did the best sh could do for everyone. I always admired her. Slowly everything started falling in place within our family, our company and family matters. We started spending more time together and everything was happy until she met with an accident. She wasn't taken to the hospital and given treatment but she didn't make it" she sobbed.

I can't even imagine the pain she might gave gone through. Just seeing her mom fine one day and the next moment she's gone forever. I held her hand to comfort her and she wiped her tears.

"I was broken. My dad went back to his life of work and I was falling into depression. I met Yamini that time and she helped me through the depression. She encouraged me to live for the twins. She and her family gave me support and took care of my siblings while I was healing. Slowly my dad too came around and we survived the trauma together. But even today I feel her absence and it strikes so hard on me" she kept talking as tears keep falling down. I kept holding her hand and soon we reached her home.

I found Arjun and Yamini in the living room along with her dad. I saw the twins already asleep since it's past midnight. She ran to her dad and hugged him. Yamini too hugged her and she apologized. She took her to her room and Arjun and I waited in the living room.

"Thank you Shayam" her dad said and I nodded.

Yamini came back asn we threw decided to leave. I got into my car when Yamini tapped in my window. I lowered my window down.

"If you want to be with her then go for her, otherwise get out of her life. She can't face another break up trauma in her life" she said

"Armaan?" I asked.

"You'd be a fool is you believe that" she said and walked away.

I drove back to my home and assured my mom that Shanaya is back home safe. I retired to my bed and Yamini's words lingered in my mind.

In that moment I decided I want to be with her and there's no stepping back.

Please follow me and vote for my books, it means the world to me
Love,
Menaka