28. Unfinished

Shanaya Pov

A month later...

I walked into my office feeling energetic than usual. I looked down and saw the chain Shayam gave me. He was looking so nervous before giving me this. He was in dilemma about asking me whether I would accept it or not. I fell in love with the design right away and accepted it.

As far as Shayam, I know he's catching feelings for me. Lately he's been looking at me with those eyes and I can see love and adoration for me. I know how much I have longed for this but the time is not right.

Do you ever feel the right person next to you but at the wrong time? That's me right now. I had all the right time in the world before entered the buisness and how I wish I would have met Shayam then and fall in love with him but I have to accept life sucks. I have to finish my mission and do nothing else than just to pray to god that he waits for me cause I don't want to loose him.

I know I can include him in the mission I'm working on but I wouldn't do that, even when I didn't have feelings for him. He has the right to live his life happily and not involve in my mess, so I decided to give him a little hint and asked him to wait for me.

The conversation that night was something like this.

"I'm glad you liked it" Shayam said smiling like a little boy.

"Are you kidding me? This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen" I said beaming in happiness looking at the leaf shaped chain he gave me. It's so so beautiful I can't take my eyes off it.

"Thank you again Shayam" I said running my hands on th design.

"Stop thanking me so much, I just wanted to give you this" he smiled and held my hand. I felt comfortable and held his fingers as we intertwined our hands.

The cold breeze was making my hair flow along and the dark sky made the glowing stars extra glowy.

"Shayana" he suddenly called me and I turned to him. We sat on the bench along the side of the park as we watched the sky.

"I really like you"

Suddenly my heart was beating fast and my breathing was increasing. I can't stand the intensity of his stare but yet I dared not to look away cause it was showing nothing but pure love.

"I liked you since a long time and I didn't want to rush you, that's why I couldn't say this long but right now I can't stop it. It's like you're making me say this with all your cuteness and..." He paused as he scratched the back of his neck.

"And?" I asked.

"And I think I'm falling for you"

My eyes widened and he was still expecting some reaction from me. I don't know whether I wanted him to say this for a long time or is it the breeze and the atmosphere is making me cosy to him but I know for sure he's real and we're attracted to eachother.

"Shanaya, I don't you too answer me right away, take your time" he said as he leaned closer. Giving a light kiss on my check, my cheek obtained the pink tint and I'm glad it's dark and he can't see this.

"I..I don't know what to say" I stammered thinking what u really wanted. Is he the one I want or should I ignore him and focus on my mission?"

"You don't have to say anything. Let's just stay the way we were as friends and you can answer me at any time, I'll wait" he said and I'm just so shook hearing he'll wait for me. Earlier he used to be a play boy and get his hands around girls all the time but right now he's here waiting for me. I know he's changed but the real question is do I want this?

"You'll wait?" I asked again.

"It'll wait, till you're ready" he said affirmative.

"I may not ever be ready for you" I said cause I am not sure whether he's the one for me.

"You'll be ready for me, for us, cause I know deep down I'm already inside this heart" he said pointing at my chest and I turned my face away. He knew it!

I was awake the whole night and kept thinking about him. He was right, he already made his way through my heart and last night was just the moment I needed to realise it. I don't want to loose him but I can't give up on my task right now. He's already told me he'll wait.

We have been talking to each other since then and I enjoy so much with him. He's totally fun to hang out with and we often meet in private, just to have dinner or lunch. I don't want to news to be out on the world right now. It can be very harmful.

I entered my office and started to work. I designed a few uniform designs and quickly finished with a meeting, coming up with two designs for boys uniforms. I asked my PA to send it to the official to select either of them and gave my staff a week's time to come up with the girls uniform design.

Suddenly my phone rang and it's my dad.

"Yea dad?" I answered the call.

"We'll have to go to a meeting at Seattle day after tomorrow. I'll be preparing the flight by tonight so get ready" he informed.

"Dad, what meeting?"

"You'll come to know. The flight is at 10pm" he ended the call and I sighed. I called my PA to inform her and she quickly rescheduled my plans to next week.

I again dived into my work when Armaan called me.

"Are you aware that we're going to Seattle?"

"You're coming too?" I asked him. Is the meeting between his and my company?

"Of course beautiful, there's some unfinished business we need to take care of" he said in a starnge tone and I'm not liking it.

"Oh ok"

"Yeah see you tonight" he ended the call and I quickly asked my Investigator and my lawyer to meet up at my office.

They arrived in an hour and we went to the personal meeting room.

"What are they planning?" I asked them.

"Ma'am, this might be hard on you" my lawyer said.

"So here's what we found out"