38. Time flies fast

Shayam POV

"No, 60 percent and its final" I said and he shook his head.

"60% is too much. I won't be able to make any profit" I stood up from my chair and pushed it away.

"I am not giving you any option" his face fell.

"Take 40% or see you in court. You may leave" he panicked.

"No no, you can take 60%" he said immediately and I smirked.

"But.." I cut him off.

"One more word, I'll make it 70-30" I said strictly and his eyes widened.

"See you" he left my office and Rick laughed his ass off. I joined him and it was so fun.

"I didn't expect him to chicken out like this"

"Yes has to, otherwise his company will go down straight into the drain" I said.

"Man, how did you even find out he was behind this?" He asked curiously.

"After the supervisor went missing, I asked the branch manager to take up his job till I come here. And that's when his phone call came" I pointed at the door. He nodded.

"I think he didn't know he fled away. He started asking for information in the call and my manager recorded the call. And from there it did not take me long to find out who's the person from the voice" I said and he patted my back.

Apparently a buisness man here in France wanted the land where I was building my base. So he bribed the supervisor and he gave him some information which stopped the construction work and many more problems. Later he took some money and fled away. I caught him and made a deal with him which states that his company should give 70 percentage of his recent deal to compromise for my loss and here I have it. If I was not clever enough I might have lost the whole land to him. This made me more focused on my work and I have to make my people more loyal to me.

"So what's next?" He asked and I took my coat from my hanger. We walked out to the lift.

"Check the construction here and then probably head to the gym. I really want to work out" I said and he nodded.

We checked the construction and decided we need to have a supervisor when I'm going to be back to make sure the work is still in process. I asked the local advertising company to meet me and that makes me cancel my gym plan.

"I'm heading to the gym bro. Complete your meeting and see me there" Rick said and I nodded. He hugged me before getting in his car.

I ate my lunch and took out my phone to call Shanaya. It's almost 11.30 there and I hope she hasn't slept. I didn't get time to call her and as soon as I took out my phone I saw 3 missed calls from her. I feel so bad. She messaged me a lot of times too and damn me! I should have at least replied to her. I cursed myself before calling her and I put my phone on my ear.

She didn't reply and I guess she's already asleep. I texted her sorry and explained my situation here. I kept my phone in my pocket before heading to the meeting room.

Soon everyone arrived and I asked them to advertise a vacancy for the supervisor job here in the construction site. I wanted to hold the interview tomorrow and they said it's too early. I don't care about that, I need to go back soon. They finally agreed and I dispersed the meeting.

I headed to the gym and worked out for an hour. I was drenched in sweat by the time I reached my hotel room. Taking a shower, I quickly changed into something comfortable. The work got me pretty good and as soon as I hit the bed, I went into my dream land.

My phone rang, making me groan. Seeing the caller id, I immediately took the call.

"Babe?"

"I'm sorry, I was caught up in some work" I explained.

"Yeah, it's ok. I saw your messages. You're still sleeping?" She asked.

"Yes, it's 5am here" I said checking the time.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I noticed she's so dull from her voice.

"Is everything alright babe?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just missing you" she said and that made me feel bad. It's almost a week and I know she hates the fact that it's taking me so long to go back there.

"I promise I'll be back soon" I said.

"Yeah, I'll hang in till then. Don't overwork babe" she said and I love how she thinks about me every time.

"I love you"

"Love you too. I gotta go babe"

"Yeah ok, I'll call you later" I hung up and went back to sleep. It's almost 9 when I got ready and went to my construction. The candidates were already there and there were quite a few of them. Rick started calling them one by one and I interviewed them. I short listed a few and it's already time for lunch. I decided to call Shanaya since it must be evening there. She didn't answer her phone and I decided to call my mom.

"I can't believe you're not with Shanaya right now" she busted as soon as she attended the call.

"Mom, why are you shouting?"

"You don't know? It's her mom's death anniversary today" she said and my eyes widened. Shit! That's why she was so sad.

"I didn't know mom"

"Can't believe my son is such an idiot" she murmured.

"Where's she? Are you with her?"

"No, she wanted to be alone. We went to her mom's grave just an hour back and that's when Lekha told me you haven't returned from France yet. I thought you're already here" I feel so stupid right now.

"I'll call you later mom" I hung up and quickly called my pilot to get the plane ready. I asked Rick to finish all the work. I wished to my room to vacate and soon drove to the airport with my luggages. I sat on the plane and I closed my eyes to hope time flies fast.