23. Scar

Shanaya Pov

"Shanaya?" I turned to see Shayam's mom. I smiled widely and walked to her.

"How are you aunty?"

"I'm great, you?"

"Am great too"

"What about the twins? I miss them" she said and I chuckled.

"They're great too. Still under one roof and not bickering" I complained and she smiled

"Oh! That's their charm" she said and I nodded.

"You should come by sometime with them. We'll hang out and maybe taste some of my dishes" she said.

"Of course, I was actually going to ask you the same"

"Here for shopping?" I nodded and pointed at the store.

"Let's go then" she pulled me in and helped me in picking my outfit.

"So how's buisness dear? I heard you're new taking after your dad"

"Yes aunty, but I think I have passed that beginner stage. It's been a little over a year since I took over" I said checking out a dress.

"That'll look so good on you" she said and how's she so sweet!

"How about that?" I picked out a black one.

"Try both and we'll see" I nodded and walked to the trial room.

Changing into each of the dresses, I showed them to her and she told me to take both. I laughed and brought both. I loved both of them. Then we went to get some coffee.

"I heard you're best friends with Yamini?"

"Yes aunty, we both met in our college and clicked right away, best friends since day one" I said sipping my coffee.

"Wow that's great. She's such a sweet girl"

"She's pregnant now" I think she doesn't know that.

"Really? How come she didn't tell me?" She whined and got back to her exciting mood within seconds.

"Anyways I'm so excited for her. I'll spoil her kid like my own grand child" I chuckled seeing her clapping hands in excitement.

"Maybe you should ask your son to marry and have your own grandchildren" I whispered but she was quick enough to catch it.

"I think he's in the process"

"Huh?" I sounded clueless.

She leaned forward, whispering to me.

"I think he's in the process of falling in love"

Her eyes glowed in happiness. I can't believe she's this supportive in nature. She's just so cool and awesome.

"Really?"

"But the girl is kinda being an ass I guess, or probably my son's being an ass to the girl, I don't know" I laughed crazy when she said that in a low tone.

"What made you think that?"

"He's so alone and thinking all the time. Not coming home and just into work and his own apartment"

Taking a sip of my coffee I was listening to her clearly.

"One day he's all energetic and the other day it's like he's in his period. Grumpy and moody" I almost chocked on my coffee when she said that.

"I don't know anything about that aunty, as eager I am to help you I can't. But I bet Arjun might know"

"No, I don't want to interfere. He'll tell me when he is ready. I'm actually very glad he's stopped all his playboy ways" she said and yes I know that. He ran over my sister when he was busy with his side chick and drunk.

"Oh" I honestly don't know what to reply and it was awkward to me all of a sudden.

"Oh how about we go buy something for the twins? I miss them" she finished her coffee and dragged me to the store despite me protesting.

After buying a couple of things, we walked out and her phone rang.

"Yes honey, you're here?
Ok I'm coming out now, see you" she hung up the call.

"My husband is here to pick me up. Do you want me to drop you?" She asked sweetly.

"No aunty, I brought my car" she nodded and we said goodbye. She walked out and I went to my car. Suddenly I started to miss my mom. She was also so sweet and caring with all positivity around her. I miss her so much.

Suddenly I felt the mood for a long drive and I texted my manager that I need sometime alone and not ask anyone to disturb me.

Dropping all the things I brought in the back of my car, I drove to the outskirts. I kept driving and driving until my stomach growled. I realised I skipped my lunch and it's already 8 at night.

I ignored my stomach and drove to my mom's favourite place, the beach. She loves to spend her time at the beach. She says the waves and the wind calms her. Laying on the sand, looking at the stars above at night is the best thing in the world.

Quickly parking my car, I walked towards the beach. My legs touched the sand and a cool breeze hit me. Walking for sometime,I looked at the sea. There were not many people and it was so soothing.

Sitting down, I started to think about my mom. It was one fine day and she went to the store to get the twins presents for their birthday. My dad was in the office and I was in college. She was driving and suddenly the breaks stopped working. She tried to control the car but another car approached from the opposite site and she hit on the tree in such a way that her car toppled.

She was admitted in the hospital and after 24 hours her brain didn't get enough oxygen and she died in her bed. I remember her face the morning before going to college and she was cheery as usual. I never thought this would happen and the worst part is I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her.

Since then my family took a huge turn. My dad started to spend more time in office and rarely came home. The twins started getting nightmares and I was so depressed. My friends accompanied me every where I went and got me into councelling. After three months I was doing fine and I started to help the twins get out of the trauma. They started spending more time with me and slowly my dad too recovered. Though we are all doing fine now, there's a big scar in us which can never be healed.