27. Lock

Shayam POV

"You look so delicious" she chocked on her water. She immediately looked at me and I looked at the dish being served. She lowered her head biting her lips.

Oh god! She's so cute!

I'm so enjoying this.

"Come on dig in" I gestured to her and she was so quick to fill her mouth.

"Relax" I said looking at her mouth. It was so filled with noodles. I extended my hand and wiped her mouth. She made an embarrassing face and I chuckled.

"Sorry I'm so hungry" she said after finishing what's in her mouth. I nodded an started eating. She kept looking at me and I chuckled.

"Eat babe" she nodded and looked down to fill her spoon. Suddenly she looked up with her eyes wide open and I bet she just realised I called her babe. Let's have some fun now.

"What did you just say?"

"I asked you to eat"

"Yes but what did you say?"

"I said eat"

"After that?"

"After eating..umm.. maybe dessert?"

"No no, not that. What did you say after eat?"

"What did you hear?"

"Babe!?" I chuckled.

"So you want me to call you babe?" I smirked.

"No differ, did you call me babe?"

"No babe"

"Ok.. wait what?"

I laughed out loud. Oh gosh! She's so cute and innocent man!

She glared at me and I kept laughing.

"Ok sorry" I held my ears and she smiled. She continued eating and we kept talking a little bit.

It was very fun talking to her. She's not like the other girls who knows nothing about politics and games. I know she's a buisness women but it's like I didn't know anything about her till now and she's like a new person. I have been friends for her but this side of her is really different and so comforting.

"So what are you're guilty pleasure?" I asked.

"No, I have no guilty pleasure. Maybe sleeping" she chuckled.

"Oh come on, I know you're lying"

"No I'm not" she kept saying.

"I don't trust you" I gave her a stern link and she gave here puppy eyes.

"Promise me you won't tease me" she put forward her pinky finger.

Oh dear! You just make me like you so much more!

"Yes promise" I did a pinky promise to her.

"It's building houses"  she said in a really low voice.

"What?"

"Using buliding bricks and sand in the beach" she said very carefully and I found that so cute.

"Really? Come again"

"Hey you promised me you'd not tease me" she made a childish face and I just chuckled.

"I'm not teasing you, you're just so.."

"Stupid I know, but no one knows this apart from my family, not even my friends" she said in a warning tone pointing the fork at me.

"I won't tell anyone women" I raised my hands and she have me a 'you better' look.

"So yours?"

"Playing basketball or golf or sometimes football" she seemed excited.

"Wow that must be fun"

"Yeah it's kind of a workout...plus fun"

"I wish I knew how to play a guitar maybe" she said sadly.

"I can teach you" I said and she jumped on her seat.

"Really?" It's in the top of my bucket list since I was in high school"

"That's great and I promise you it'll not be as hard as learning buisness" I said and she smiled.

"I bet too"

Suddenly there was a complete silence and it was neither awkward nor smoothing.

I decided to ask her straight away.

"Why are you with Armaan?"

"I'm not with him. I just know him"

"Know him includes hanging out with him and going on trips?" Her eyes widened because she didn't tell anyone about her trip with Armaan to close a buisness deal, even to her family.

"Do you spy on me?" She raised her voice.

"That's not the answer to my question" I folded my hands on my stomach looking at her coldly.

"That was just helping a friend. He needed my held to finish the deal"

"A killer buisness man needs a newbie to help him? Fascinating" I said sarcastically.

"Stop calling me newbie, I'm into business for more than a year" she retorted. I knew being angry or being cold doesn't bring out the truth from her.

Looking at her, I realised her childishness was gone and she back to the cold Shanaya. Honestly I like both of them, it's so fascinating to see her change in seconds.

"Ok listen, let's talk like adults" she nodded and slowly relaxed her temper. I breathed in relief.

"You know that he's killed people to get so many deals and is still involved in so many illegal business right?" She nodded.

"So don't you know it's dangerous to be anywhere around him?"

"I know Shayam. I know what I'm doing, I'm not a kid to be kept under anyone's watch. I know you're worried about me and you keep asking me to back off but trust me when I say I'll be fine" she looked right into my eyes with confidence and for a second its like she's begging me to be on her side just being there for her, not asking her anything.

"Ok, but you need to promise me something"

"What?"

"If you need any help, you'll call me?"

She chuckled and nodded yes.

"Shanaya, I'm serious"

"Yes Shayam, I know that. You're one of the people whom I can trust apart from my family or maybe more than my family" she told the few last words really low that I almost didn't hear it.

"What?"

"I'll surely call you and I won't put myself in a state that'll hurt me, ok?" She tried to convince me and I nodded.

"That's like my friend" she smiled widely and continued eating her ice cream.

I kept looking at her taking the ice cream on the fork and looking at it before eating it. She closed her eyes for every spoon she ate, as if memorising the flavour.

"It's really delicious" she said. I forced her to order blue berry flavour cause it's one of the special here and she loves it.

I realised that my likeness for her keeps growing and I am sure I'm falling for her hard. But before that I need to get into her heart and lock it before anyone else does.

PS: Did anyone miss my morning update? I was caught up in some homework. Please vote and make me smile