36. Anything for you

Shanaya Pov

"Sis please?" Aarav asked me with his puppy eyes and I sighed.

"Ok fine, just this once" I brought him a small chocolate again and he ate it happily. He was sick last night and I asked him to skip school. He was grumpy in the morning and I am trying to bring his mood up.

"How about we pick up Anya and then go to the beach?" He asked.

"You remember you're sick right?" I glared at him and his eyes lowered.

"Ok fine" he was sad. Oh god!

"Ok fine, if you rest in the afternoon after taking proper food and medicines, I'll think about it" I said. I hate seeing him sad.

He kissed my cheek and smiled.

"I promise" he ran upstairs to his room and I followed him. I put him to sleep and he slept not long after that. I went to my room and completed my pending works.

It's evening and I cleaned up my work. Making a coffee for myself, I sat in the living room just checking my phone. I noticed Shayam hasn't replied to me. He's gone to France to check up on his company. I wish he was here. I called him but he didn't attend. I noticed Aarav coming downstairs all fresh. I gave him a juice and he drank it up.

Taking my keys, we went to our car to go to school to pick up Anya.

"How are you?" Anya kept his hand on Aarav's forehead and checked his temperature.

"It's fine, I rested in the afternoon" he said.

She put her bag away and we all sat in the car.

"That's good" she said.

"Sis, we can go home and change before going to beach?" He asked and I nodded.

"Wow that's cool. But you should not get in water" she pointed hee finger at Aarav and he nodded quietly seeing her strict tone. I chuckled. We soon reached home and changes into beach clothes and headed out. We reached the beach in sometime and I realised not many people are here. Maybe because it's winter.

We brought some snacks and kept eating while talking and giggling together. I laughed my ass off listening to their school stories.

"Our maths teacher was actually happy she can take one class without any pranks being pulled on her or on any other students" Anya said pointing at Aarav.

"That's not my fault. They always urge me to do something" he defended himself.

"What do they do until you put fake lizard in her chair or drench student's bag with water?" Anya questioned and my eyes widened. Aarav is always the quiet kid and very obedient. It's weird to see him pranking like this.

"Since when did you become a prankster?" I asked, surprised.

"Since he ran into the girl..." He shut Anya's mouth before she could speak any further.

"Shut up. Nothing sis, I just like pranking them. I don't do it to innocent people, just the ones who mess with me. They should know I'm not as innocent as I look to be" he winked and I know something's up. I just let it go cause I trust my brother. He'll tell me if there's something important I should know. We kept talking and they started playing when my phone rang.

"Babe" I squealed.

"Missed me that much?" He chuckled seeing me this excited.

"Of course. How's it going?" I asked.

"It's good. Sorry I can't come tomorrow. My stay is extended for two more days" he said making my face dull.

"Oh" I replied.

"Hey don't give me that tone. How about you go visit my mom? She's been nagging me to get the twins to her" he said.

"Yeah, we're at the beach right now" I said.

"That's great. Get them to meet my mom right after. She'll love the surprise" he said and I smiled. I love her like my own mother. She's been such a support for me since I knew her.

"Yeah babe. I'll go there then right now" I said.

"Yeah, ok babe. I gotta go. I will call you tonight, love you" he said.

"Love you too, take care" I hung up.

I soon called my siblings and they came running to me.

"How about we go meet aunty?" They squealed. They are always spoiled so much by her and of course they don't mind. We drove the car to her house.

"It's been so long since we had her cookies" Anya said, licking her lips.

"You had it last week" Aarav have her a boring look.

"Ok then, you don't have it. I'll have yours too" she winked.

"No" he immediately said and we all laughed.

"Sis, is Shayam going to be there?" They asked and yes, Shayam asked them to call him by his name. They find more connected when they call him by his name.

"No dear, he's out of town" I answered and they nodded. Soon we reached and I parked my car while the twins ran inside.

I entered the house and it was all quiet. Narrowing my eyebrows, I walked upstairs and searching for everyone. I kept calling their name and went from one room to another searching. Suddenly the lights went out and I heard the door being locked.

"Mom?" I screamed when someone patted my shoulder.

"Geez girl, my ears" I was shocked to hear Shayam. He switched on the lights and I jumped on him.

"I missed you too" he slowly released the hug and I noticed the room was decorated. There were balloons attached on the celing with our photos hung using a string. The floor was all filled with balloons and the lights switched to dim one.

"Why are you wearing a suit? You just got back? What is with the decorations?" I asked him looking around at the decorations. He turned me around and clapped his hands when flowers dropped on us. The screen in front turned on and it showed a picture of him holding a ring. My eyes widened and I turned to him kneeling down in front of me. I covered my mouth.

"Shanaya, I don't know how to do this but uh..." He shattered and my eyes started watering though I chuckled at his nervousness.

"I love you so much Shanaya. I have been with many girls but no one captured my heart like you. You gave me smile every morning and love which I always wanted. I want you with me every minute from now on until my death. You make me so happy without even trying.

It did not take me long time to realise you're the one for me. I don't want to be a fool to let you go. So will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?" He asked and I nodded right away.

He smiled and slide the ring on my finger. I looked at it and can't believe it's so beautiful. He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"I love you" he whispered and suddenly I heard claps. I saw my friends, siblings and his parents coming out and can't help but smile widely.

"I love you too babe. Thanks for making me so happy" I released the hug and he kissed my cheek.

"Anything for you beautiful"