Chapter Thirty

[Chapter Thirty]

"Glad to see you improving a lot, Zara." nakangiting bati ni Dra. Alejandro, my therapist. Inayos nito ang suot na glasses at pinasadahan ako ng tingin. "How are you?"

"I'm good, doc. Just I just had some nightmare for the past few nights." sagot ko. I roamed my eyes around her office. A smile formed in my lips, nothing has change for the last time I've been here.

"I see." tumango naman siya at tumungo upang magsulat sa kaniyang notebook. "What do you think it trigger that incident? Knowing that you barge in here after two years without an appoinment."

Napatawa ako ng mahina sa sinabi niya. "Didn't you miss me, doctor?"

I received a scowled face from her which made me laugh even more. Dra. Alejandro is like my mother kaya minsan ay binibiruan ko siya. She reminds me of my mother. Sweet but strict at the same time.

"Zara, you what I've told to my patients after finishing up sessions? 'I hope I would never see you again.' Yet, here you are. So tell me, what do you think triggered it?"

I rested my head at the swivel chair and played the succulent plant on her desk. "I don't know, maybe because I get to finally achieved my dreams that my family want for me."

Napatahimik siya sa sinabi ko. Ang pagtunog ng kaniyang ballpen at pag-ingay ng ceiling fan ang tanging naririnig ko. She continued writing in her notebook.

Since that incident lead me to trauma, Wynter and his family let me to live with them in Canada. For five months, I've been doing series of therapies to survive, medications and such.

I was hard but I have managed to overcome it. I managed to get to my own feet by building my own studio, and reaching my dreams for my family. The bad memories and all the people that caused it, all of it, is now behind me.

Six years is long.

Bumalik ako sa realidad nang isinara ni Dra. Alejandro ang notebook niya. She removed her glasses and clasped her hand on the table.

"Do you want me to lessen the dosage of your meds? For you to sleep peacefully.."

I nodded. "Yes, doc, that'll be good."

I bid goodbye to my therapist before heading out. My heels clicked at white marbled floor of the building. Sa pagdaan ko sa receptionist ay agad niya akong binati, maging ang guard. I only smiled at them before taking out my phone. Nagtipa ako sa phone para tawagan si Sasha. I'm in a mood for vacation this week before I start my new project. Wynter is coming and I'm thinking of expanding my studio.

"Yes, Miss Z?" the cheerful voice of my assistant greeted me. She's been working for me for the past three years. She's Filo-American, a good thing. I need someone who can casually talk to and understand each other since we're both pinays.

I headed my way to the basement where I parked my Maybatch.

"I want to stay at the Marino's for a week, re-sched all my appointments."

"Yes, po." I ended the call and closed the door of my car. Nilagay ko ang bag ko sa bakanteng upuan nito at binuhay ang makina. I drove the car to my studio. One of the tallest buildings in New York.