Chapter Thirty-Five

[Chapter Thirty-Five]

"Are you ready, baby girl?"

Lila nodded with confidence. "Yes, tita. I'm born ready!"

Humalakhak ako. "Silly. You'll play the role of Cinderella not Anna." kinuha ko ang phone ko at nagselfie kaming dalawa. Nakabun ang buhok niya ngayon at nakasuot ng dirty dress katulad kay Ella. Later, when the fairygod mother do the magic 'bibidibabidiboo' on her, there will be a fabric to cover her. Her gown is just inside her dress so she will just pull the string so that her clothes changed.

Nakaupo na sa labas ang daddy niya para manood. Marami na ring tao at ilang minuto na lang ay magsisimula na ang play. I give her a thumbs up before moving out the backstage to my seat beside Wynter.

Nagpalakpakan kaming lahat nang lumabas sila mula sa malaking kurtina. The narrator begin the intro with mellow music.

Once upon a time in a faraway land, there was a tiny kingdom. Peaceful, prosperous and rich in romance and tradition. Here in a stately Chateau they lived a windowed gentlemen, his little daughter, Cinderella.

Although he was a kind and devoted father and gave his beloved child every luxury and comfort, still he felt she needed a mother's care and so he married again. Choosing for his second wife, a woman of good family with two daughters just Cinderella's age, by name Anastasia and Drizella.

Lumabas si Lila, and gumaganap niyang ama, stepmother, at dalawang kapatid.

It was upon the untimely death of this goodman however, but the stepmother's true was revealed. Call, cruel, and bitterly jealous of Cinderella's charm and beauty. She was grimly determined to forward the interests of her own two offer daughters.

Thus, as time went by Chateau fell into disrepair but the family fortunes were squandered upon the vain and selfish stepsisters. While Cinderella was abused, humiliated and finally forced to become a servant in her own house, and yet through it all Cinderella remained every gentle and kind for with each dawn she found new hope that someday her dreams of happiness would come true.

The play went on and I'm amazed of Lila's acting skills. Hindi lang ako, maging ang mga tao na nanonood ngayon! Manang-mana talaga siya kay Ate Lia.

Palihim kong sinulyap si Wynter na tutok na tutok sa anak. I can see his tears! He's very proud of her daughter. My heart immediately melts in adoration.

Nagpalakpakan kaming lahat nang matapos ang play. Iginala ko ang paningin sa paligid upang hanapin si Saige. Kanina pa ako nagte-text sa kaniya pero hindi siya sumasagot. He didn't make it to Lila's play, Magtatampo ang bata sa kaniya panigurado.

"Tita, where is Tito Leo?" inosenteng tanong ng bata. Nagkatinginan naman kami ni Wynter. Hinarap niya ang anak at lumuhod upang pumantay dito.

"May emergency si Tito Leo mo. Don't worry, I took a video of your play kaya sigurado akong mapapanood niya 'to."

Lila frowned. "He said that he would come."

It's my turn to face her. "Lila, Tito Saige is a very busy person. Try to understand him, okay?"

"Okay.." she answered in a low voice. Magkahawak sila ng kaniyang amang naglakad papunta sa kotse. I deeply sighed before joining them. Tahimik lang kaming tatlo sa loob ng kotse. Wynter tried to cheer his daughter up, he bought her ice cream and movie tickets but no avail.