32. Uncomplicated... And Boring

Aaron

The sunlight entering through the glass window ruined my sleep. Groaning, I rolled over in my sleep and suddenly, I felt a feminine body beneath me.

Don't be naked. Don't be naked. Please don't be naked.

I cursed when our bare bodies brushed slightly. Scooting away from the person, I hesitantly opened my eyes and when my eyes landed on the face of that woman, all the oxygen got knocked out of my lungs.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." I spoke, springing to the sitting position. My voice must have woke her up because the next moment, her eyes opened and her face flushed because of our bare state.

"Fuck." she said and rose to sitting position, clutching the blanket to her chest.

An awkward silence fell in the room as both of us analysed what just happened last night. The pause went on for almost five minutes, during which neither of us looked towards each others.

"Um... We can act like nothing happened." Crystal said, smiling awkwardly at me.

"Like a meaningless one night stand?" I cocked my head to a side.

"Meaningless? I am not one of your bimbos Vincent." she glared at me with her widened eyes, a huge scowl set on her face.

"Hey! You're the one who suggested it." I retorted, standing up and wrapping the other sheet around my legs.

She sighed, resting her back against the bed. "So what do we do?" The air in the room thickened, making it difficult for me to breathe.

I thought about what I saw yesterday, about how Clara had moved on. Maybe, just maybe, it was finally time for me to do the same.

"We can... Um... Try to.. You know?" I said awkwardly.

"No. I don't know." she stated, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Go out and see where it goes." I finally completed my sentence. If I was going to move on, there was no other girl better than Crystal. She understands me better than almost anyone and she knows whatever I have been through. She is the only one who could understand my fears about being in a relationship.

"Are you asking me out?" she asked, looking unsure of her words.

"Well, that's if you want. Nothing serious." I said and looked towards her with hope-filled eyes.

She looked like she was in deep thought. Her eyes wandered from left to right, a subtle hint of confusion in her eyes.

"What about Clara? She's still legally your wife." she voiced her concern and her name and the word 'wife' in the same sentence brought back so many bitter memories.

"I don't consider her my wife and I don't think there's anything left between us. Besides, if she had any respect for our relationship, she won't be engaged to that fucker." I said, my voice dripping with fury.

"I don't know Aaron." she stood up, wrapping the blanket around herself. "I think I'll see you later, with an answer." Saying this, she picked up her dress from the floor and walked into the bathroom, a hint of redness dusted over her cheeks.