57. Breathtakingly Beautiful

Clara

His one hand was on the steering wheel while his other hand was resting on my thigh, the heat radiating to my skin through the thin cloth. He hadn't told me where he was taking me and I didn't care as long as I get to spend some time with him.

"How long?" I asked.

He replied, "Just few more minutes." That's what he had said 15 minutes ago. We have been in the car for almos an hour now and the scenery around us had changed from tall buildings to a more rustic setting.

"We are here." he said, stopping in front of a lake. There was a pathway leading from the bridge on the lake to a house surrounded by greenery and trees.

"A lake house?" I asked.

"You said you didn't like crowded places." he said and I chucked.

"I didn't mean you rent a whole lake house." I said in awe. Walking out of the car, I looked around. This place was unbelievably beautiful. As far as I could see, there was clear water and lush, green plants. Not a single house in sight to disturb the resident of this house. If it was someone else with me, I would have grown paranoid but not with Aaron.

"It's mine." he said and I turned to gawk at him with widened eyes. It made him chuckle and he shrugged in return.

We passed over the bridge to the other side of lake. Beneath us, moonlight was illuminating the lake in a pearly manner and the specific smell of damp mud soothed my senses.

The house looked really serene and peaceful from a distance. Lacing his fingers with mine, he took me along him. We stepped through the stones specially carved out as a pavement to the main door of the house.

"Wow. It's so breathtaking." I ogled the exterior of the house in owe. It looked like those houses in the mountains shown in movies. Places like these are perfect to spend time when you want to cut yourself from the world.

Once we reached the door, a tall, middle-aged woman opened it. She welcomed us and led us inside. I gaped at the warm and cozy interior of the house. We were in the living room right now, where two sofa sets were arranged around a large fireplace. Everything in this place reeked of sophistication.

"Is everything set, Liz?" Aaron asked the woman and she nodded. "Great. You can go spend the weekend with your family. We'll probably stay for two days here."

She nodded and then left. The idea of spending two days with Aaron in this place was creating a turbulence in my heart and stomach both.

"Two days? I don't have any clothes with me." I said, realising.

"Don't worry. You can find everything from a scrunchie to a ballgown here." he said, stepping closer to me.

"Really?" I asked, not believing his words.

"I can prove it but right now, there are other important things to do." he said, smirking.

"Like what?" I asked.

"Have you completely forgetten about the date?" he angled his head and that made me realise about it.

"Oh." I whispered.

He led me through another door to the helical stairs. They ended in the seating area of the second floor. This room was just like the living room in the first floor, though bigger. On the other side of the huge room was a glass door covered with blue curtains. Sliding the curtains, he slid the door open and I gasped at the immaculate arrangement.