nerves mean you care

~

~

"baby, you're gonna be amazing. you know that." you told your lover who sat beside you on a small vintage couch backstage.

shawn breathed out, his nervousness showing due to his instant shaky hands. you grabbed his huge hands in your petite ones to reassure him and stop them from being so shaky. he always got nervous, every show, every event. always. you found it adorable but still felt slightly bad for him every time. you were used to those situations though, you and shawn have been dating for three and a half years, you went through all of it with him. from the huge successes to the anxiety attacks, you were there and stood by his side.

"thanks babe." he looked down at you, pressing a firm kiss on your forehead. your eyes shut for a sweet moment and a wave formed on your lips. "you know i always get nervous. plus, this is the first time i will perform in my blood live.. i just- i don't know.. what if i mess up? that song is so important to me, it would be a disappointment to everyone if i mess that up. especially to my fans." he sighed.

"hey, hey, hey" you sat up straight, cupping his cheeks in your hands, forcing him to look at you. "you won't mess up, it's not possible. you're whole heart is in that song, everyone knows that. even if you're voice breaks at one point, not a single soul would be bothered about that. it's about the song you will sing, and if one note isn't a hundred percent perfect, then you'll be the only one that drives crazy about it. most people wouldn't even notice. it's all in your head, shawn. you won't mess up, you will go out there, perform that song like you do when you make me coffee in the morning and i promise you, everything will work out perfectly fine." you told him, placing a sweet kiss on his lips.

he was about to say something but was interrupted by andrew who walked into the small room.

"shawn, you're on in 5! come on, bud."

shawn nodded, standing up and taking one last glance in the mirror before waiting for you. you walked to him, engulfing him in a tight hug, rubbing your hands over his back.

"thank you y/n, i love you." he whispered.

"rock it! i'll be watching you." you said before he pecked your lips once more and them made his way to the stage.

you approached the part of backstage were you were as close to the stage as possible. as soon as you laid eyes on the crowd, they all went crazy, cheering, screaming and clapping their hands. you smiled to yourself, knowing that shawn walked in stage and became the reassurance from the audience he needed right now.

he made his way to the mic, saying hello to the crowd which went nuts before in my blood started playing. you could see him breath in and out heavily before he started singing. his voice sending shivers down your spine and you could sworn the whole room went silent, everyone's eyes were on shawn. his eyes were closed though, all his attention was on the guitar in his hands and singing the words to the song he held back for so long and was now finally sharing with the whole world.

the song went on, a bright smile plastered on shawn's face as the crowd screamed the lyrics to him.

"thank you guys! have a great night, enjoy the show!" he screamed before running off stage, right to where you were standing. you smiled at him, throwing your hands around his neck as soon as he approached you.

"you were amazing!" you said, kissing all over his face.

"wouldn't have been so confident without you." he admitted but you waved it off.

"i love you." you just said, he hummed before meeting your lips in a kiss again.