i got you

~

~

the incredibly nice assistant guided you to the back of the room where you could sit and politely offered you a glass of water.

it was a thursday morning and you were currently in New York, running from interview to interview with your handsome boyfriend to promote his latest single.

shawn was seated in front of a black wall, a young women sat in front of him with a small notebook in her lap. the interviewer made the final discussions with Andrew before they started the interview.

shawn gave you a small wink, causing your cheeks to light up in a rosé color before the camera man gave the counting tone for the interview to start.

"hello to today's episode of 'meet your favorite' and hello to our guest shawn mendes." the brunette lady smiled into the camera. Shawn smiled at the mention of his name and gave the camera a teeth full smile.

"shawn, it took a while to get you here but we are so excited to finally have you! how are you? how's the flight? or were you already in New York?"

"I'm so excited to be here. i really don't know why it took so long." shawn laughed, "i'm doing very well, and the flight was fine."

"that's good to hear. moving on, your latest single just dropped.. how are we feeling about that?" she asked.

Shawn nodded, still goofily smiling. he sat straight and looked at you for a matter of a second before he cleared his throat. "well, i'm feeling great about it. it's such a special song to me and i couldn't wait to get it out there. have you listened to it?"

the interviewer laughed and playfully rolled her eyes while answering. "duh, of course i have!"

"how do you feel about it?"

"i love it! it makes me feel so connected to my partner for some reason. it's awesome."

"thank you," shawn answered truthfully.

"so, we saw you cozying up with a certain someone while you were taking a stroll around toronto. is there a chance that she's the inspiration behind that song?" she wiggled her eyebrows.

your heart skipped. of course you and shawn have been seen and discussed in the media. everyone could see that you two loved each other so deeply. Shawn had also shared a photo or two on his instagram. for the two of you, it was basically confirmed but none of you had officially said "yes we are in a relationship" and that was what everyone was waiting for.

"she is definitely the inspiration for most of my new love songs." shawn admitted, slightly blushing. you, too, were smiling.

"how's it going for you two?"

shawn took a short while to answer, his gaze met yours and you encouraged him by nodding your head.

"man, it's amazing. she's amazing. i'm honestly so happy."

the interviewer pouted and jokingly put her hand over her heart. "aw! that's so great to hear! but tell me, how do you make a relationship work if you have a job like yours?"

Shawn breathed out, "yeah, that's tough sometimes. i think the key is to always communicate. not just when I'm away but also when there's a problem. there's no way we could make this work if she wouldn't be so incredible at telling me how to get my shit together." he laughed, "she's so honest with me, that's exactly what i need."

"does she come to the studio with you?"

"she does," he nodded.
"and the thing is, i cannot not let that happen. i really need her there to get her opinion on my music. of course i have my team there and they're all completely honest but they're also all musicians. she's not and i feel like she notices so many different aspects and gets amazing ideas."

"so she's always where you are?"

"no. she's not like a puppy who follows me wherever i go. she made it clear from the beginning that she won't do that. we try to make it work that she can come to short distant destinations with me if she can but sometimes she stays at home and goes out with friends. she has such a good relationship to her family and all her friends, it's amazing. the hardest part is when i'm on tour and we don't see each other for a month or longer." shawn explains.

"i love that she's so independent," she replies and looks at her notebook for a short moment. "did your lifestyle trigger her at the beginning? i guess it's not normal to wake up and be surrounded by paparazzi everywhere you go."

she made a valid point. truth to be said, you felt like dying the first weeks of dating shawn. you didn't felt safe in public and felt exposed to the whole world. grocery shopping at Saturday morning in your pajamas without make up on? an absolute nightmare to you what used to be a favorite thing to do.

eventually you grew stronger and so did your love to shawn. you still weren't used to it but you learned how to not give a fuck. you wouldn't let them control your life.

"i'd rather keep that private, if that's alright. it's not my place to share her experiences."

she nodded and moved on to the next questions. the rest of the interview was focused on shawn's career and his upcoming plans. of course he didn't share too much but he couldn't help but dropped some little hints.

as you walked out of the building after the interview had ended, shawn kept his arm tightly slung around your shoulder.

"you were amazing." you said to him as you walked down a small street.

"yeah?" he rasps, leaning down to peck your cheek.

you hummed, clutching onto his thin jacket.

" 'm a bit nervous." you admitted, biting your bottom lip.

"about what people will say?"

"yeah."

"don't be, hun. we got this." he kissed your lips rapidly, cupping your cheeks with his thumb and index finger.

"we got this." you nodded, hugging his body and kissing on his clothed upper body. his muscular arms slung around your petite waist.

"i got you, i love you."