mama boys

"ba-ba-ba" the little boy in your arms squealed as he clapped his small hands

"no baby, say da-da." shawn laughed as he stood in front of you and lowered his face to be on the same hight as his son.

"mommy! mommy!" a small voice shouted causing you and shawn to turn around.

the three year old ran towards you and your husband, his backpack almost falling off his small shoulders. his soft curls bouncing up and down as his short legs ran as fat as they could. your eldest son ran straight into his daddy's arms and slung his arms around his neck. shawn peppered his head with kisses.

"hi baby!" you smiled, resting your youngest on your hip. "did you have a great day at preschool?"

"yes! food nom!" he said as his green eyes went adorably big. shawn chuckled before turning to his son, "mateo, did you say goodbye to everyone?"

mateo nodded before waving his hands. you quickly glanced at mateo's teacher who smiled at you and waved as a sign that she knew mateo was picked up.

your family then made their way home. mateo and aidan were seated in their car seats, though aidan always made a scene and cried when he was put into the car seat.
shortly after shawn pulled up to your house outside of Toronto. his hand rested on your thigh during the whole car ride. it was a loving gesture that never died in your relationship.

"i'm gonna get aidan," he quickly kissed your cheek before unbuckling himself.

you got out of the car and opened mateo's door so he could climb out. he quickly waddled to the front door and waited until shawn opened it.

"mateo! what did we say? always take your shoes off when you enter the house, remember?" you said as the three year old was about to walk into the large living room.

"sowy mommy," he smiled making your heart melt. he looked exactly like his handsome dad. "daddy, i can go my room?"

"yes buddy, you can go to your room." shawn kneeled down and quickly undid his jacket and took it off. aidan was sitting on the ground, on his way to crawl into the living room.

"shall i prepare dinner?" shawn rasps.

you picked aidan up and walked into the living room, your husband following you.

"already cooked something this morning," you hummed, setting aidan on his playground where he immediately grabbed his elephant toy.

two strong arms hugged you from behind as shawn rested his head in the crook of your neck. you felt your body relax and melt into his as you sighed. you turned your head and met his lips in a sweet kiss. he twirled your body around and pulled you closer, deepening the kiss. you pulled away and rested your forehead against his.
he pecked your lips over and over again.

"slow down there," you giggled.

"can't i kiss my beautiful wife?" he pouted as he kissed you again. "you're so stunning darling." you brushed your cheek in the palm of his hand. "all mine."

"i love you," you hummed.

"i love you."

mateo came running into the room and hugged one keg of shawn's and one of yours.
" 'teo love, too!" he whined.

"we love you too, mateo." you kneeled down and traced your thumb over his cheek.
"so much," shawn agreed while holding your back with one hand.

your son giggled and walked to his younger brother and laid beside him. "aidan love, too?"

"yes, mommy and daddy love aidan and you equally." shawn stated.

"no! only mateo!" mateo protested and crunched his eyebrows.

"love, you love mommy and daddy, don't you?" you picked him up and sat down with him on the couch.

he nodded, a confused face expression on his face.

"and you love aidan, don't you?"

he nodded again.

"aidan my brother." he pointed at the baby which was crawling everywhere. gladly shawn had an eye in him.

"that's right, aidan is your brother." you brushed his hair out of his face. "you see, you can share your love for multiple people. mommy and daddy share their love for you and aidan. we love you as much as we love aidan. do you understand what i mean?"

"yes mommy. aidan and i have the same love from mommy and daddy." he wiggles out of your touch before he chased after aidan, both of them squealing.

shawn plopped down besides you, his arm going around your shoulders.
"i hope he really understood," you sighed.

"he has to," shawn kissed your head. "especially since there's gonna be another sibling."

you moved out of his touch. "what?"

"i want another one, y/n." shawn bite his lip, hiding a sheepish smile.

"aidan just turned eight months," you pointed out.

"but i want a small girl," he pouted and took your hands in his. "and this house is perfect for three kids. just imagine having three of them, darling." he cupped your cheek.

"you want a girl, eh?" you giggled. picturing your family with three children seemed perfect. you had nothing against the idea, shawn and you had to talk about the timing though since you weren't ready to be pregnant so soon again.

shawn nodded, "i do. she would have the most perfect older brothers. and, you already have two total mama boys, if we'd have a girl i know for fact that she'd be a daddy's girl." he said, his dreamy voice sounding ever so calm. "she'd have your hair and my eyes."

"okay," you pecked his plump lips.

"really?" he gasped, eyes filled with excitement.

"yes, but not right now. let's talk about it after aidan turned one, alright?"

"fuck yes, yes whatever you want baby. your decision." he pulled you in for a long kiss.

"language!" mateo scolded from the other side of the room where he and aidan tried to open the bottles of green slime.

"sorry buddy!" shawn laughed and clasped his hand over his mouth.
"i love you, i'm so happy." the handsome brunette whispered.

y/n via instagram

liked by shawnmendes, karenrayment and 23

liked by shawnmendes, karenrayment and 23.628 others
y/n: had much help this Morning while preparing dinner

view all 8.372 comments
user1: my heartttttt
user2: this is the cutest thing I've ever seen
user3: Aidan is getting so big wth
user4: we never see mateo.. seems like she has a favorite child
↳y/n replying to user4: mateo is going to preschool. i'd like if you'd stop making assumptions about me and my family whose are not the tiniest bit true.
shawnmendes: this boy is steeling all my kisses