propose to you tonight

listen to 'look after you' by the fray

-

you genuinely smiled as you tapped your fingers on your champagne glass and gently swayed your hips to beat. people around you were cuddled in their lovers arms, dancing together and were in their own bubble.

the large room was an old barn which was decorated with dozens of fairy lights and cute vintage accessories. the tables were shoved to the sides so everyone had space to dance while some of the wooden chairs were still placed in the center of the room. the light was dim as the most beautiful melody and vocals came from a small stage.

while most people had their person tightly in their arms you looked nowhere but the small stage in the middle of the room. your eyes stuck on your person.

his guitar in his hands as he sang his heart out. his voice was full of emotion and rawness that it touched your heart in a special way. as the song had a short pause, he licked his lips and closed his eyes before his eyes landed on you.

"it's always have and never hold." he started to sing again, his gaze never daring to leave your figure. "you've begun to feel like home yeah, what's mine is yours to leave or take. what mine is yours to make your own"

you smiled at him and mouthed an 'i love you' causing him to clutch his hand over his heart. his gaze went to the freshly married couple.

"congratulations, mary and rogers! you guys are the definition of true love and erm.. you taught me so much about what it's like to love someone and to forgive and trust. you deserve the massive love you give each other so much. i'd say that i hope life gives you what you need but i truly believe that you already found that. i wish you the best, thank you for being the greatest friends!" he spoke into the mic before the crowd cheered and clapped.

mary and rogers were embraced in the middle of the crowd and thanked shawn before he continued to finish the song and everyone gathered around mary and rogers who finished their last dance together.

not longer than ten minutes shawn approached you and slung his arms around your waist as he kissed your cheek.

"you did great. i'm so proud of you," you hummed as you caressed his cheek.

"thank you, baby." he smiled, giving your lips a quick kiss before he started to sway his hips against yours. you laid your hand on his shoulders as the two of you gently swayed together.

"have i told you how beautiful you look tonight?" he softly spoke after a few minutes of silence.

"mhh only ten times," you chuckled as your head rested on his chest.