picnic

~

~

you woke up with a big smile on your lips. shawn laid between your legs, arms slung around your waist while covering your naked stomach in feathery kisses. his plump lips wandered up to your collarbone until he stopped and kissed your cheek, then your needy lips.

your hands wandered through his messy curls making him groan into the soft kiss.

"good morning, baby" you chuckle.

"mhh what a good morning it is." his grip on waist tightened, pulling you closer to him. he trapped you between his arms, legs tangled and his head nestles in the crook of your neck.

"so, i was thinking.." he mumbles. you position your face so you could look at the pretty brunette, encouraging him to go on. "why don't we have a picnic today? i know a place."

your heart flattered. the thought of that made you smile. "i'd love that." you nodded, bringing your bottom under your teeth.

"let's go then." he jumped up, reaching to your hands to pull you up.

the two of you got ready for the day, including a small breakfast and a shower (together).
shawn then searched for the dreamy basket you once bought. in the meanwhile, you were busy washing and cutting fruits and vegetables. you also prepared avocado sandwiches and topped some with cucumber and veggie meat.

when shawn got the basket, you set everything up. quickly adding a water bottle and red wine and you were ready to go. the ride took a good hour due to morning traffic. shawn headed out of toronto, driving past pickering into the woodsy landscape.

"where are we?" shawn intertwined your hands as you walked down a path. on the right side was a crystal clear lake.

"me and my parents came here often when i was a kid. it's pretty, isn't it?" he replied while swaying the basket in his left hand.

"it's... magnificent. i feel like we're on a different planet." your eyes wandered over the water, the huge trees and the sky reflecting in it. it gave you chills. your whole body felt so full in this place, with Shawn by your side.

" c'mon," he said, leading you to a small meadow where he set the blanket up and put the food on it.

it was a beautiful spring day, not too warm but not too cold either. you had a cute dress on with one of shawn's soft jackets. shawn looked handsome in a pair of grey pants, white golf shoes and a white button up.

30 minutes into your date and you'd opened the wine bottle. shawn only had a couple of small sips of it though, he still had to drive later. he'd loved the veggie sandwich which surprised you. you resisted to eat meat and fish but shawn always said that he couldn't do that. he was impressed and liked that you did it, but it wasn't something for him he'd said. it made you happy that he was willing to try some of your meals.

you picked cheese-sticks, baguette and strawberry bites to fill your stomach. you said next to each other, hands overlapping on the blanket and your head rested on his shoulder.

you closed your eyes for a moment, taking the moment in and wished it would last forever. the birds chirping quietly in the woods, shawn's cologne in your nose and the sweet taste of strawberry and his sweet kisses in your lips. if this was what it felt like to live in a magic bubble, you found yours.

"you want a strawberry? i got whip cream, too." you asked shawn moments later.

"yes please," he nodded. "no cream, though" he patted his stomach and laughed. you playfully shoved him backwards.

"shut up, it wouldn't hurt your body a single bit." you shook your head while giggling.

you heard his head with both your hands, strawberry between your teeth as you came closer to his face. you laughed at the silly idea, so did shawn. he opened his mouth, taking the sweet fruit from your lips before kissing you delicately. you hands squished his cheeks.

he guided his body backwards, causing you to fall on top of him. you shrieked before your lover and you erupted in laughters.

"i love you, Shawn." you said as your head laid on his fast beating heart. his warm hand traveled over your back, the other one wandered through your hair.

"i love you, honey" he lowly said.

you picked your head up, pressing kisses on his chest before you looked around. shawn followed your gaze.

"the world's too good for us." you sighed.

"yeah," he nodded. "you wanna go home? it's getting late."

"can we stay a bit? i don't wanna leave this place yet. do you mind?"

"not at all, baby." he smiled, opening his arms for you to crawl back into his embrace.

"i can't believe you haven't shown me this magical place earlier." you mumbled before slowly closing your eyes. you heard shawn chuckle before you went back into the perfect bubble.