last year

shawnmendes via instagram

4,264.456 likes

shawnmendes: merry Christmas and happy one year baby❤️
tagged; y/n

view all comments
(comments have been limited)

y/n: i love you
aaliyahmende.s: brother answer me!

[real life]

you loudly giggled as the young puppy in front of you wildly ran small circles and let out quiet barks. you leaned down to pick her up and kissed her repeatedly. she wiggled out of your touch, sprang to the ground and made her way out of the bathroom.

you quickly threw one of shawn's shirts over your body and then also exited the room to follow your puppy. the noise of her crawls on the ground let you know that she was in the corridor, on her way to the open living room.

as you stepped in the living room area a delicious smell of fresh made pancakes filled your noise and a smile crept on your bare face. your puppy, lola, was already laying on the ground, her favorite toy between her fangs.

tip-toeing to the kitchen you were greeted by the sight of your boyfriends naked back as he steered the pancakes in the pan. you slowly made your way around the kitchen island and slung your arms tightly around his torso. he instantly relaxed into your touch, turned the stove off and turned around. you smiled as your gaze met his and yet again you were mesmerized by his wonderful eyes.

he cupped your caw and guided your head to meet his lips in a sweet long lasting kiss. you hummed as you broke apart, settling your hands on bare chest and leaned your head against it.

"good morning," he whispered as he kissed your head over and over again.

"merry christmas," you looked up and kissed his cheek.

"mhh and happy one year, hun. i love you so much." he replied, grinning widely. you nudged his nose with yours softly and kissed him again as a response.

shawn and your love story was like a movie and yet, you still didn't thought it could be real.
the two of you met last year, on Christmas Eve. you - the young and completely overwhelmed girl you were - did last minute Christmas shopping for your friends and family. you were tensed, exhausted and just wanted to go home as you wandered through the overcrowded shops.

it for sure took you at least three hours until you were ready to get home. when you made it to your parking spot, hands overloaded with bags, something strange happened.

roses, hearts and pink&white ballons were spread all over your loved car. you placed the bags on the ground and walked over to your car. your eyebrow furrowed as you picked up a card that was placed in he middle of the engine hood.

josi,
please come back.
i need you.

shawn

those few words were written on the small card. not really romantic, did you think. you couldn't think much further into the situation when two strong hands placed themselves at your shoulder. you flinched, turning around with scared face expressions.

"jo- fuck. you're not josi," the stranger realized, pulling his hands back.

"n-no. can i help you?" you let out, suddenly not being so scared anymore. he didn't seemed terrifying to you. his sloppy curls made his face looked soft and his eyes could be the doors to hidden worlds.

"uh no.. no thanks. is that uh, is that your car?" he pointed to the in roses covered car.

you let out a chuckle, "yeah, yeah it is. i think you got the wrong girl." you laughed.

his cheeks became a soft tone of red as he looked down on the ground.
"i'm so sorry about that, i- hold on i'll remove it all. i'm so sorry..."

"y/n," you smiled.

"shawn." he reached his hand out for your to shake it and offered you a genuine smile.

"thanks shawn, and uh- good luck with josi." you smiled.

"do you think there's still a chance?" he turned around and looked at you.

you chewed on your bottom lip, "should i be honest?" he nodded, encouraging you to go on. "well," you breathed out. "if you confounded her with another girl and her car... do you really know her? i don't know and I'm sorry if this is taking it too far for saying it as a stranger but it really seems like you did this for the wrong reasons. if you really like her, you should also definitely choose other words on this card."

shawn didn't respond, instead he hurried to get all of the roses and balloons removed from your car.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have-"

"no. no, you're completely right. i did this for the wrong reasons. god, i didn't even have reasons." he chuckled sadly.

you gave him a small smile, letting him know that this wasn't your fight and that you should go.

you stepped into your car and made your way home. just as you drove up your driveway you noticed a small note on your front window.
probably something shawn forgot to remove, you thought to yourself. as you looked closer though, you noticed that the handsome brunette left you a thank you note with his number on it.

it seemed quite unreal to you that one year later you were in the happiest relationship with him and woke up to him everyday.
it may has took you a couple of weeks to actually call him but since the first date everything couldn't have been better.

shawn told you that he wasn't someone who did real relationships and that josi was just another of his short affairs. he quickly admitted that he didn't thought he would ever find himself in a relationship.
until he met you.

who thought that christmas would bring so much more than just a few presents to you.

maybe that's why it is called, 'feast of love'.