sweet valentine

~Valentine's Day

~
Valentine's Day

"i hope you're ready" shawn said as he kept his hands on your eyes and guided you through his condo.

he woke up very energetic today, all touchy and lovingly towards you and even made you your favorite breakfast.

"okay," he said as he let go and took his hands away. "you can look."

as you opened your eyes, your mouth fell wide open. you looked around the living room. a stranger wouldn't have noticed a big difference, but you certainly did.
shawn had recreated your relationship among his living area. small symbols were hidden but still catched your eye.

it started with a smaller version of a police siren since the first encounter you had with your lover was through a harmless car incident. the both of you payed too less attention to the road when shawn slightly crashed into your car from behind. nothing happened but you still had to call the police.

looking further around the room you noticed small notes, looking closer you recognized them as the notes shawn would wrote for you to convince you to a date.

he had laid a wine glass on the dining table. you laughed at the thought of the event he referred to. your first date. it was a total disaster. not only tried shawn to impress you in the completely wrong way but your wine glass had also fallen right into your lap and had ruined your new bought dress. it was quite embarrassing but since you were annoyed by shawn's attitude anyway you used it as an excuse to go home.
that didn't mean shawn would stop to win you over, though.

"oh, shawn" you gasped, turning around you pull your sweet boyfriend in for a delicate kiss.

"you like it?"

"i love it! it's so thoughtful, thank you so much." you whispered against his lips, only to kiss him again.

on the huge window front were dozen of pictures of the two lovebirds. the pictures reflected both dark and happy times in your relationship. shawn had also glued song lyrics about you to single roses and spread them all over the living area.

the kind gesture made your heart warm and let the butterflies in your stomachs twirl. he had always been a romantic, but this time he overcame hisself. this was the type of love you wanted. you didn't want the superstar shawn mendes, you had fallen for the kind and super handsome canadian man who was willing to do anything for you.

"wait, there's more." he announced, taking your hand and pulling you to the couch.

he sat down and pulled you next to him. his large hands reached under one of the white pillows and fumbled until they found what they were searching for. he took out a small envelope and a black velvet box.

your heart stopped.

"shawn-"

"lemme speak, okay hun?"

you nodded. a know firming in your throat.

"y/n, i really really love you and i know you love me too and- shit, this is hard. hold on, let me put it this way." he cleared his throat. "i know that we had to found each other and that our beginning was everything but easy but that's exactly why I think we're meant to be. i didn't believe in meant to be until you. it all seems so clear to me now. i know we don't need a special day to proof our love to one another, you make me the happiest man every day. i love you and i want to be with you forever. you're the women i see myself building a house with, i want my children to have you as their mother, i want to settle down with you." he took a short break. "i gave this a lot of thought. and, y/n, we're so young. we have all the time in the world. you are the person i want to wake up to everyday."

"Shawn-"

"i'm not proposing, y/n. my love for you won't change if we take this step so early. a ring won't change the way i feel about us. we don't need a wedding, not now. you are what i need. we have all the time in the world baby, let's do all the stupid shit we can't do when we are old. let's live in the now, no looking back. i'll make you my wife one day, when we're are ready."

a single tear rolled down your cheek. the knot in your throat long gone and the right feeling in your chest almost hurt.

"baby- shit, i'm sorry!" shawn's eyes widened when he noticed your tears. he reached towards your face with his thumb and wiped them away.

"no- no, they're happy tears!" you quickly said, a smile on your lips.

"really? oh thank god." he let out a deep breath.

"i would've said no if you had asked me." you admitted.

"why?"

"like you said, it's not the time for us. i don't want that kind of commitment right now and neither do you. we have all the time in the world. i love you with every fiber in my body, marriage won't change that."

"god, i love you" he huskily reaches for your face and kissed your lips hungrily.

you giggled as he pulled away, a wide smile on his precious face.

"open this," he said and gave you the envelope.

"Shawn, you shouldn't have-"

"just open it!" he jokingly commanded.

you opened the envelope and gasped as you read what was written on the papers.

"you booked us a flight to brazil?"

"i know you always wanted to explore the amazon rainforest. we'll do that for two and a half weeks, then we will go hiking in the mountains. you wanted adventure? you got it, baby."

you shrieked, jumping up and down like a child until you landed in the arms of your boyfriend who protectively held you.

"i love you, i love you, i love you! thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"you happy?" he kissed down your neck.

you bit down your lip, nodding your head.
"so happy."

"what do you wanna do today?" he asked as he lovingly pecked your cheek.

"hmm" you thought. "i think it's time for your present." you pushed him back and straddled his lap. the face of your boyfriend lighting up with desire.