strings (pt 2)

[sequel to "not peter"]

~

waking up on the familiar naked chest this morning had been a bliss. the night before had even be more pleasing and wonderful. the silky grey sheets were tangled with your and his legs, the sun had risen over toronto's skyline and shined through the large windows.

two hours and two rounds of perfect sex later you were freshly showered and had eaten breakfast. your naturally tanned skin was glowing in the spring-ish sunlight. your hair was soaking wet and was put up in a towel.

"you look hot," he rasps as his hands roamed over both your sides. his lips kissing on your naked skin.

you hushed, "i just showered."

"so?"

"so i don't look my best." you laughed, placing your hands on his clothed chest.

"shut up," he commanded and kissed you deeply on the lips.

god, that guy.
that mysterious guy you met just months ago because he was being an dick and self centered. he was acting like he could get any women and clearly tried to get into your pants.
well, he kinda succeeded in that point.

but only after you two met again and you had to give him a speed ticket. you'd wished you would never have to see him again but clearly the universe had a different plan.
the unfortunately really handsome guy tried his best to get you grab a drink with him. unsuccessfully.

his effort only increased after that, though. when he somehow managed to get your number from your colleague and texted you, you knew that there was no point in trying to get rid of him. you kind of had to go and grab a drink with him. so that's what you did.

one thing let to another and here you were, being pretty good friends with the douchebag who turned out to be actually a sweet and caring soul and hooking up with him from time to time.

due to your different lifestyle you agreed to being just friends with benefits. there were no hard feelings.

at least that what you thought...

"you are so beautiful y/n." he groaned as you pulled away.

a slight frown set on your face, "beautiful?"

"yeah!" he noticed your frown. "what?"

"nothing. that's just... a big word." you stepped a little back.

"me calling you beautiful?" he laughed, clearly thinking you were joking.

"yes. you never called me that. it's kinda crossing our boundaries."

"oh. okay then, am i allowed to make any compliments or is that also not allowed? as long as i'll fuck you good and don't talk you're happy, eh?" he spat obviously pissed.

"i didn't say that." you argued, crossing your arms in front of your chest.

"but it's what you thought! damnit y/n, why are you so stuck in your vision of us not crossing any line? would it be so bad to actually catch feelings?"

"yes! we don't work, shawn!" you raised your voice, sighing and running your hand through your hair.

"why not? how would you know that if we never tried?" he grabbed your hand, softly massaging it. he knew you loved that.

"this conversation is the prove to my concerns! we can't agree on anything, shawn why don't you see that? our lives are the exact opposite. we could never work through all the circumstances." you said, softly looking into his eyes.

"that's not true." he mumbled.

"but it is! i like you shawn, i really do-

"so then what's the problem? i feel the same. i want you, y/n. i'm ready to be in an actual relationship with you. i mean it."

"this is not about you claiming me like a territory. i thought you knew that i'm not like that. i won't be that women for you." you shook your head.

shawn's head snapped up, face expression filled with hurt and heartbreak.
"what- are you crazy? that's what you think of me? that i want to put a label on you so i can control you? wow, y/n. maybe you're right and we should just stop seeing each other for good." he snapped his hand away and turned around to walk away.

"shawn-" you reached up to his shoulder.

"just fucking stop! why can't you see that i actually care about you deeply and want us to be in a relationship so i can look after you, be with you and love you. after all this time you still see the bad guy in me.." he spit the words out with such hurt in his voice that it broke your heart.

"i didn't mean.."

"didn't mean it like that? hell yeah, you did. you're pathetic, y/n. and, i think it's better if you leave."

a single tear rolled down your cheek but you quickly wiped it away. you nodded and quickly grabbed your belongings.
as you were ready to go you stumbled into the living room again.

"shawn, i'm sorry" you almost whispered.

"don't be, i get it. how could anyone ever love me, right?" his back was facing you as he sat in front of the piano.

"no-" you walked up to him, hands going comfortably over his back. "everyone loves you! i do."

"you do?" he turned around.

you swallowed, "i do. but," you sighed. "i am not ready to be in a relationship yet. maybe soon, but not right now."

"i get it." he choked out a sob.

"wait for me, alright? the universe has plans for us." you kissed his wet cheek.

"whenever you're ready."