II. Life After

AN: This otor realized na it's about to be halloween szn ulit so i decided to catch up 😉😉

Paunti unti man but we're going to have some mysteries unveil 👍🏽👍🏽

[LINE BREAK]

Life never stopped for the survivors of that night. For Roi, Gio and Annaleah it's nothing special. They don't know a thing. They don't remember a thing.

But for the remaining ones, they try so hard to keep going.

Dennise, on her part decided to continue going to med school. It's hard, she has to admit. But it's not like the degree of difficulty of her dream would hinder her from making her dream come true.

Ella decided to take masters degree in Psychology. It takes so much of her to wake up each and everyday since she's been having nightmares and getting paranoid each day but she has to. She has to do something, to get busy about something or else she'll go real crazy. Yes, she also takes some time researching but for now, she only gets dead end after dead end.

Though he was still pining on Dennise, LA on the other hand switched careers.

He taking a training to become a policeman. It's not like the training is hard for him. It's not. But he has to balance it out with trying to woo Dennise again. Although the latter really asked for space and he's trying so hard to respect that.

Add the fact that his decision isn't really something his bestfriends, cousin and uncle supported. But he wants this. So bad. What happened with Batangas before made him want this. He needs this.

And as he quit basketball, his friend Roi is to be drafted in PBA. He's proud of course. Guy's good. He may not be good in some but basketball is his thing. While his cousin Gio decided to give coaching a go. He's now one of the coaching staff of one school in NCAA.

Annaleah became sports commentator. Her relationship with Gio Altamirano, a college basketball coach, became one of the hits in the world of basketball and sometimes hailed them as king and queen of it.

As for the five Batangas natives, Kim and Victon both got into the La Salle's basketball program. They only got two years though since that's the only playing years their age can have.

Mela and Bang got into volleyball programs of UST and AdU respectively.

And lastly, Jia got into Poveda wherein she got trained to become a setter. She also committed to play for Ateneo in college.

All of them were made possible by LA. Roi and Gio got puzzled at first. Of course the two didn't have an inkling as to why their friend got the heart to help the fibe but it's all fresh in LA's mind.

In his head, that's the only way he can make it up to his mistakes that night. And all the bad things he said towards Alister.

But for his friends, it's a way for pagpapabango ng image nya to Dennise.

[LINE BREAK]

Kahit na pagod na pagod na sya sa klase at sa mga projects, tiniis ni Dennise na maglakad, actually, lakad-takbo ang ginagawa nya makaabot lang sa practice ng volleyball team.

She couldn't tell this to anyone.

Of course she'll never tell this to anyone because she'd look like a creep.

But she has to.

May nakausap sya sa varsity team ng Poveda and they informed her na it was one of the days where Jia is practicing with the Lady Eagles, Ateneo's women's volleyball team.

From what she was told, kaka-arrange lang daw team management for the kid to get to know the team more. Familiarize. Add the fact that the team got a new conditioning coach from Thailand and his expertise was in setting.

Kaya naman tumatakbo itong pumasok sa gym.

And she immediately saw her.

It looks like the team has been treating Jia well. She's smiling with the team but frowning in concentration when the conditioning coach is teaching her something.

She found an area where she knows she can't be seen that easily as she watch Jia and the girls practice.

Nagtataka man how the team management would make it work since ang original na sports ng bata ay basketball, she can see that Jia is a natural tactician with the way she played against them in Batangas before.

[LINE BREAK]

Pagod man pero masayang masaya si Jia sa mga bago nyang nakilala at bagong skills na natututunan sa Lady Eagles.

"Ji, gatorade mo oh." Saka sya inabutan ng gatorade at saka naman sya kumuha ng towel sa training bag nya.

Habang umiinom, naramdaman nya na parang may nakatitig sa kanya kaya napatingin sya sa likuran nya.

Wala naman.

Nilibot nya ang paningin sa gym pero mga usual na nagpapractice ang andoon kaya naman pinagkibit balikat na lang nya ito.

"Five minutes then final drill na tayo for today!" Tawag ng kapitana ng team kaya naman tumayo na sya at sumunod sa mga drills.

Pagkatapos ng training at shower, tiningnan ni Jia ang cellphone na bigay sa kanya ng staffs at nakita na may text galing sa mga ate nya kaya naman napangiti sya.

Once a week lang sya ngayon na nakiki-train sa Lady Eagles pero palagi nyang nilo-look forward kahit nakakapagod dahil dito din sya nasusundo ng Ate Mela at Ate Bang nya sa practice pagkatapos ay lalabas sila. Kung minsan ay ang Kuya Kim at Kuya Victon naman nya ang gumagawa noon pero mas madalas lang ngayon ang mga ate nya dahil hindi pa naman volleyball season. On going ang basketball tournament kaya naman hindi gaano malaki ang time na naibibigay nila Kim at Victon sa kanya.

Napakunot sya ng noo nung maramdaman na may nakatingin ulit sa kanya.

Nakalabas na sya ngayon ng gym at hinihintay na lang sa labas ang Ate Mela at Ate Bang nya. Bigla syang nanlamig sa takot kaya naman nagsimula syang maglakad palayo. Tinext nya ang ate Bang nya na sa may soccer field na lang sila magkita.

Pero bago pa man nya maibulsa ang cellphone ay nagtama ang tingin nya sa pamilyar na mga mata.

Napakunot sya ng noo dahil hindi nya alam kung ano ang ginagawa ng Señorita Dennise nya dito sa gym ngayon at nagkaroon ng ideya si Jia na baka sya yung nanonood sa kanya kanina pa.

Napalunok ang bata. Ni hindi nya ito nakausap pagkatapos ng gabing yon.

Kaya ano naman kaya ang kailangan nya at mukhang sinusundan pa ata sya.

Bago pa man ito makalapit ay tumakbo na sya papunta sa soccer field.

At naiwan si Dennise na dapat sana at maglalakad pa lang papalapit kay Jia pero nakatakbo na ito at nakalayo.