{11}- Meeting

Annabeth POV

Nottsberry farm, how to explain. Fun, crazy, hilarious, risk-taking and of course sometimes wonky. Piper said that it was like talking about Leo. She isn't wrong.

The day was hot and sweltering. The rides were an explosion of fun and awesome. There's own ride, one several wouldn't enjoy but it's called the Shotgun
It blasts your cart straight from a little barrel like a thing. It's so fast and so breaking scary it made my heart pump so fast.

Some others were cool, like the slingshot. That one made poor Hazel puke. Calypso was arriving tomorrow and we decided to get her some stuff from the gift shop in the cute little downtown like Disney World. The day was amazing. Just pure fun. I mean who wouldn't love an amusement park.

Piper enjoyed the log ride best. It was a hollow carved log and it was on a stream/track forging into a mine. Near the end there was a drop with water spilling over the edge, don't droplets clinging to the side of the boat. Then log we're screeching down the tracks, spraying everyone aboard with water. It was even better to stand at the sides and get soaked.

The only bad part of the day was leaving. The amusement park was such an awesome place. And well built, the support structures so beautiful, curving arches with rattling cars roaring across them. The whole thing was an architectural momentum. It was my sincere dream of going to Athens it was.

But alas, money split among us three girls was tight. If Aphrodite hadn't given us money we would be going to New Jersey for spring break.

On the way home, we were tired and silent, our heads soaked in sweat and drooping on the rest of the car.

"We have to go again." Hazel murmured hoarsely, we all nodded in sincere agreement. The place was too much fun to not return.

We collapsed at home, the sun making it's a way towards the edge of the ocean. It's sapphire waves lapping at the golden shore. Streams of dying light cascaded down onto the beautiful earth.

I never thought I would get over the sunset. I never really did. Even after we would leave.

Piper heated up some burritos and Hazel cooked some Mexican rice for us. But even though the food smelled like pure heaven I decided to walk down to the beach.

My bare feet sink into the million grains of sand underneath. A cool breeze blows my hair just behind me a little, giving me slight goosebumps. The ocean was a calming sound. But like many other things, peace and calm can't run on forever without stopping go breath for a moment. The impossibility of it is sure to happen. I can't really believe I'm in LA.

The last time I was in San Francisco was almost three years ago.

I was angry at Helen(who would later die from a major car crash) and at everything in the world. I had decided to make a run to Central Park. My last one in San Francisco.

It's where I met Percy. To be honest....just with me.

I wished I had walked away and pretended that I never saw him. Didn't take up his offer on lunch.

But we all make mistakes.

They say a pencil had an eraser and when your a kid you can erase those mistakes on your paper.

But life doesn't have an eraser.

Footsteps pad behind me and I think it's Piper and sit down, my feet digging into the sand, coating them.

It's as if he's been pulled from my mind and plopped beside me.

Him.

His dark hair is windswept and his sea-green eyes are like diamonds. Something so beautifully amazing. It's like I've been living in the dark and now I've seen some sort of beauty.

Anger starts to rise in my chest, boiling in my heart, tearing inside out. But he speaks before I can.

"Don't get mad, I want to...talk."

His voice is broken and sad and it makes my anger bottle up again.

"I messed up. I was drunk. I was an idiot. But before you leave and never see me again I want you to know. I never ever slept with her." Percy says solemnly.

An iceberg erupts into shards of ice in my chest.

But those shards are frozen and sharp as hell.

They stab my heart.

"Percy...just go..." My voice cracks and splinters. There's hurt laced with every word.

"Will you forgive me?" He pleads, his sea-green eyes are large and hopeful.

I used to love that look. How he would just melt my heart. Now it just makes the bottle of anger shake madly.

"I'll forgive you when my heart beats the same," I reply, my arms shaking with sadness and anger.

Defeat washes over his sun-bleached face.

"I'm sorry. I should have never gone to that stupid party. Never should have kissed that girl. I should have gone and talked to you. It's my biggest regret right now." Percy's voice tries to stay strong. But the edges are frail and cracking.

"Just go." I whisper, tears threatening to leak from the corners of my eyes.

He stands and gives me a sad look.

"At least the guilt of never telling you won't follow me until I die."

And he walks away in the sand. I sob silently into my shirt, tears drilling into the sand.

How can I forgive him when at the same time I want to punch and then kiss him?

Who cried a little inside during this?

Be grateful you Dip Sh*ts.