{15}- Bolt

Percy POV

She forgave him.

He was happy.

But Thalia was dying and that itself was an important matter.

Zeus had given her the best care in the states and paid for everything, seeing as he had money beyond belief.

It pained me watching Jason in
his state. Sobbing and crying. Thalia was his last biological family. He didn't think his father suited to be a father. All he did was get his mother knocked up.

Percy was worried.

Thalia had always said her whole life would be cut short because of her father.

For some reason, I feel it's true. Like her father's attempted assassinations are catching up to her. Percy never knew if his father had any assassinations. He hoped not.

I sat on the chair, resting my face on my hands. Thalia had yet to take up. It's almost been two days.

If she never wakes up ill never forgive me for our last conversation.

July 30th, one year after the breakup

"Thalia," I complained as she smashed the beer bottle on the counter. The bottle was full and amber colored liquid flowed over the counter. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Jackson," Thalia smirked and threw the rest of the bottles into the trash. I was nine months sober.

I felt free. But I was having withdrawals.

I had tried smoking but hadn't really caught on with it.

"Are you ever going to work on this song?" Thalia picked up the stapled slip of paper with working lyrics.

"Are you sure? Your fans will love it." Thalia thrust the pen and paper into my hands.

The pen hovered over the lyrics.

"But how..." I muttered, confused.

"Percy you've been doing this 3 years. How are you confused?" Thalia scolds me and slaps my cheek so hard spit fly from my mouth.

"Just write about your feelings, about your hopes and dreams. Write about how your heart hurts. How you were the culprit and the victim in the crime." She urges.

I sigh and start to write, thinking about my heart. My hopes and dreams.

The next day I would be singing to the ever so blue sky out on my balcony.

Thalia dropped by again.

She smirked at my voice.

"Should I be your inspiration manager?" She says slyly and punches my shoulder on a cousin's way.

"It's about her isn't it?" She says to me and I nod.

A flash of anger ripples across her face.

"I told you to forget your feelings about her. She's my best friend but your, my cousin. If you dare think about her again I will kill you." She spits venom.

'How can I not? I love her still and she's probably over me. It's my one regret." My voice is weak and another ripple of anger comes across her face.

"You still love her? Get over yourself, Jackson! I've talked to her and she ain't coming back. She swore she would never love someone like you again."

A surge of anger washed through his body.

"What about you and Luke huh? Do you ever think about him? Do you ever lay awake at night, restless, your heart begging for him?" A growl comes from his throat.

It wasn't a surprise when I stumble back...she slapped me cold and hard.

"Don't talk to me about Luke, ever." She snaps and storms from the apartment, her cold fury seeping into his heart, turning it into stone. 

He should have never crossed that line. 

Ever

Now look at me here....with Thalia in the hospital, doctors smothering her with their best care and yet she was still in a coma.

The day passes quickly, we decided as a group we would visit her each night, because we also wanted to make the best of spring break and push the thoughts of Thalia far back into our minds. 

I told them to leave, Jason as well, he needs his rest. 

I stay. 

I feel guilty. For what, there are many reasons. 

Around seven thirty a big burly teenager walks in, scraggly brown hair and well...technically one eye, one is a milky white and the other is a bright dazzling sea green. 

The same shade of my eyes. 

"Can I help you?" I asked curiously and he glances at me, not awestruck or anything. I'm not wearing a disguise.

"Yeah, is this Thalia Grace?" He pointed to Thalia, strapped to many machines. I nod. 

"Yeah, why?"

The teen scratches his head nervously and looks like he wants to speak but doesn't. I squint at hi,, he's got a whole foot on me and his skin is a little lighter, but the facial features remind me of fathers, the stubborn set jaw and high cheekbones, the thin eyebrows and messy hair. 

"Well I just found out yesterday but apparently...she's my cousin on her fathers side. First cousin I think?" He looks confused and peers over at Thalia. My heart stops. 

"Yo-your cousin?" I splutter with nerves and stand to face the kid. 

"Yeah my dad...he's Posi-Posideon, said I had brother and cousins in LA...." He trailed off. 

I'm starstruck. 

My father...had another child? When? With who? Why did he keep this from me? 

All of the questions are going to my head. 

"Whats your name?" I manage. He smiles and holds out a hand. I take it firmly. 

"Tyson and you must be Percy...Jackson, my brother." Tyson says. Red creeps up my cheeks. I've never had a boy sibling before. Is this true? My brother is standing in front of me? i have a sibling? 

Should I bolt or should I stay and try to figure things out with Tyson? 

But then I'd just end up like all of the Olympus family...bolting to be themselves and not even care for those who love them. 

Like Athena

Like Zeus

Like my father. 

I don't want to be like them.