{18}- One Week Left

"So you're telling me, you failed!" Kronos snarled. Like cowered in fear. He wasn't the one to cower but now, he was. He failed. He was a failure.

"Yes, master." He whispered. A dangerous light crossed Krono's eyes. Pure evil. If evil could manifest into a person, this would be it.

"Luke, son of...Hermes...I pronounce you executed by next week if don't manage to put good in our name. You failed with the Athena girl and killing Zeus's kid. Currently, we have no idea of her whereabouts." Kronos barked with madness.

"Yes, master. I understand." Luke trembled with fear. Kronos shoved him out of the throne room with anger.

Luke walked to Ethan Nakamura.

"Tomorrow we have to succeed. NYSU is going down in flames." Luke by his lip. A plan was forming in mind.

***Hi Dipshits. Chapter ain't over yet!

Percy POV

One week has gone and past. Frank is engaged in Hazel.

They're thinking about starting a family after they marry.

Piper plans to break up with Jason. Calypso told me. I don't know how to explain it to my best friend. He loves Piper and Piper loves him.

Something isn't right.

I've made apologies to Annabeth. She told me one day we'll be healed. But for now, we will hold onto what we have.

I've been working on my songs. One keeps popping up in my mind and I can't get it out. I just can't.

Tonight is my second date with Rachel. I don't know why I'm trying to start a relationship on school break but I am.

It might end likey the previous one with a girl named Hannah. It was a four-week relationship and she didn't even know I was me and hopefully, she never will.

Ugh. Complications suck.

I'm in a stuffy polo shirt and shorts, my Nikes clean and squeaky.

I'm nervous. I haven't had that heart pumping sensation as I did with Annabeth. My blood wasn't flowing through my veins like it used to be.

My heart still has that knife wound she dug deep. Every night, well the nights I'm not drunk or tired with weariness, I fall asleep thinking of her.

I feel like we should be together
But at the same time I know we can't. We can't have that love we used to, the same heart-pounding feeling. She may have given me but that doesn't mean she still loves me. I know she won't have those same feelings as I still do.

I arrive at Rachels's house, ready for our artistic date in the crazed allies of downtown LA.

Downtown LA is not really downtown. It's mostly a strip of old buildings where teens grow marijuana and vape. But e art there is beautiful, street art is the best kind of art.

He arrived at Rachel's penthouse and she wasn't exactly subtle about it either. Her penthouse looked over the Pacific Ocean, private security guards, and limos were parked out front. I doubt they cared about our spray paint date.

She told me to meet her at the entrance. I was wearing a black curly wig, the curls come down to my ears.

At eight forty-five, she came down in the paint-splattered jeans, which was her signature clothing item. Her white shirt was covered in gold paint marks and silver streaks. She was cute.

"Ready?" She asked. I nodded. We hope in the Honda Civic and her driver drove way north, towards a clump of office buildings and a bank.

Rachel brought out a red-stained duffel bag. For a split second, I thought she was going to kill me and stuff me in the bag. I calmed when she revealed about thirty white cans with many different colors.

We came down to a deserted alleyway. No cameras or anything. The yellowish wall was bland and empty. It needed a splash of color and life. That delicate rose touch.

"I've never tagged before," I admit. Even in those darker days of teenaged depression I never tagged a building before.

"It's simple, point and spray." Rachel barked a short sweet laugh. I laughed too but stopped short.

That feeling. My heart. It's pumping again.

I shrugged it off and picked up a can of ugly ass pink.

I know what to make. We spent three hours tagging on the side of the building. No one passed in the empty street. We made jokes and had fun. No one was there to judge us.

That heart sensation was there. I could feel it.

But it wasn't quite the same.

In the end, we looked out our work. Rachel's was better, a collage of a singer, singing, dark hair and with sea-green eyes. I wonder...

Mine was a flamingo. An ugly ass flamingo.

"I like yours." I smiled at her.

"The flamingo is pretty awesome," Rachel admitted.

I cranked my head an inch. "So am I an artist now?" I smile, a cocky grin forming on my face.

"No...silly...well maybe." Rachel said slyly and leaned up, planting a short but sweet kiss on my lips. I was surprised when she pulled back quickly.

"One day Percy." She smiled and I reached over to brush aside a large curl.

The night ended on a high note. I arrived at the beach house, about to unlock the front door when I heard a car door slam shut. It was Annabeth and some dude. No doubt he was good looking, tall with black hair and a light tan. He looked a lot our age if not a year or two older. He walked her to the door like a gentleman and leaned down. He whispered something in her ear.

She giggled.

Annabeth Chase never giggled. Then he pulled her into a short kiss.

A surge of rage washed down my bloodstream. Jealously was playing with my mind. My hand itched towards the door but I watched as the man sped off in his car.

She walked inside and didn't even see me.

And the jealousy was gone.

It's up Dipshits. Be happy.