{22}-Beach Party P1

Annabeth's outfit for later above. I know it's a bit showy on her top but I'll explain that during the chapter.

Annie POV

"C'mon Pipes why aren't you going?" I groan into the couch pillow. Piper looks sad and guilty but gives a soft smile.

"I told you, me and Calypso promised that we would visit Rey and we booked a two-person private Uber." Piper looked sad but smiled.

"And I'm going on a date with Frank!" Hazel called from her room, packing up. It was their last night at the beach house.

Tomorrow they would be home. Annabeth didn't know if she was excited or nervous, Zeus had left a private email telling her that he would formally invite her into the family.

That meant a gala or swearing-in ceremony. 

But tonight she would go to the party on the beach just a quarter-mile from where she was now. I wouldn't be surprised if you could see the boys beach house from there

"Pipes...are you okay? Last night you were up coughing like crazy!" I ask concerned about her health and wellbeing.

A pale mask creeps up Piper's face. I notice how she itches her neck like she is anxious and her palms sweat.

"Oh...uh just cough it's nothing."

She's lying. I know when Piper lies and how well she can do it in front of me. 

For a minute I want to push it until I find the real truth. But then I see the determined look on my best friends' faces.

I change the subject.

"So...last week when we went shopping I brought up moving here...wanna talk about it?" I hug the throw pillow to my chest.

"Yeah...I was thinking since we have so much leftover from schooling, we could come and move to the lower west side. Like near the beach hopefully." Piper murmurs and looks wistfully towards the sapphire-colored waves lapping onto the shore.

"But what about Hazel? I mean she and Frank are moving in together obviously we need another roomie." I explain. It's the part I can't confirm.

A sudden thought jars my senses.

"Calypso!" Piper calls out before I can and casts a mischevious grin, one so innocent and young.

A caramel-haired Calypso walks down from the stairs wearing her white blouse and tattered jeans that were splattered with soil and mud.

"Yeah?" She asks and is confused for the moment as of why we called her down.

"Wanna move in with me and Pipes?" I ask turning my head to face one of my besties.

Excitement crosses her face as she jumps up and down.

"Yeah of course!" She squeals with pure happiness and races back upstairs without another word, but I can hear her squeals of delight.

Percy POV

"So Hazel is moving in with you?" Leo said grumpily.

"Yup we discussed it last night." Frank has a weary smile as they would have to buy their own place.

"Define 'discussed' Zhang." Jason cracked a grin. Frank blushed a deep shade of red.

"I'm not going to explain." He mumbled quietly but I could hear.

"Damn Zhang, is that Hazel was stumbling out of your room at three in the morning?" Leo smiled. Frank groaned.

"And why exactly where you up at 3 am?"

"I was experimenting with some moonshine. Pure moonshine that is."

"Pure moonshine is flammable dumbass." Jason looked at Leo with a worrier's face.

"Yup I know. You're lucky I put the flames out before it reached the stairs." Leo smirked with a solemn look.

"Son," I said changing the subject. "I was thinking since you know Goode burned down and we have no reason to be in New York, we could move here to LA," I suggest the thought that has been running in my mind lately.

They look up at me, snapping their heads in my direction.

"That's...a great idea!" Jason yelped with sudden surprise. Something on his face told me he knew something. His neck was sweating nervously and his pale face had gone beet red.

"You won't believe this but Hazel told me she wants to move here too." Frank looked at the three boys happily. It meant they wouldn't be separated. Ever.

But there was also something in Percy's heart that he knew wasn't right. He had spent three years within a mile radius of Annabeth, his mother, and Grover.

Would that all go away?

*9 p.m later.*

Annies POV

I felt slightly exposed. I was wearing an off-shoulder white shirt and ripped jeans. My shoulders felt exposed to the warm ocean breeze. My black high tops felt snug on my feet.

I felt free. I was alone at this party. It was fun, right on the sand, about three dozen people were here. Drinks where being passed around the bonfire sitting in the sand.

I would normally never wear something like this but tonight was my last night in LA and I had to live a little.

I walked around in the sand, talking to so many people.

"One beer please," I said politely to the bartender set up on a few card tables. He nodded and fished a brown stained glass beer from the ice cooler and popped the lid open.

"It's on the house." He said winking. I felt myself blush at his wink.

This was an amazing party. The music blared from the stereo and we danced. I didn't care what it looked like.

I had a good time.

Near the end of the third song, I wanted another drink and pushed through the crowd.

I found myself running into a dark-haired man.

"Sorry." I mumbled and looked up to the guy.

I gasped upon looking at him.

Where sea green met thunder grey.