Prologue

*Americas PoV*

I walk to my next class.

My dad, Britain, is a teacher here. Unfortunately, he forced me to take his class. Just so he can keep an eye on me.

But, I have a plan.

I'm moving in with someone tomorrow, in a dorm.

I'll only have to deal with Britain in school.

I run into someone, and look up in fear.

It's Russia.

He growls, and picks me up, tosses me into a trashcan, then walks away.

I struggle to pull myself out, but one of my brothers dumps a bunch of trash on me.

They laugh and walk away.

I manage to pull myself out of the trashcan, but I smell like garbage now.

This is my last class though, so I can go home and take a shower. Hopefully.

I walk into the classroom and everyone wrinkles their noses a little.

I sit in my seat, which is next to Russia.

He grumbles.

Throughout the lesson, he flicks rubber bands at my head.

I look up and Britain sees what Russia's doing, but he doesn't stop him.

I open my notebook and start doodling.

I draw the students around me.

When I draw Russia, I draw him flicking rubber bands at my head, just like he's doing now.

The bell rings, and I quickly put my stuff away and rush out the door before Britain can stop me.

I run home, and run up to the shower.

I quickly shower to get the trash smell to disappear.

I run to my room and start my homework, just as Britain and my brothers get home.

I wish Mom was still here... Britain said that she was killed in a car crash.

I don't believe him though.

Britain walks in, and sees me doing homework. "No dinner tonight."

I look up "But-"

He slaps me. "No buts. It's your fault Russia threw you in the trash. Did you take a shower?"

I nod shakily. He punches my left arm as hard as he can, then he leaves.

I just go back to doing my homework.

Today wasn't great at all.

I look around me room to see what needs to be packed, since I have to do everything early in the morning.

I have clothes, and that's basically it. I also have my sketchbooks and school stuff.

That's about it.

I have the box ready in my closet.

I finish my homework and put it all away.

I curl up and use my backpack as a pillow. I fall asleep.