13 - The Breakup

*+*Around A Year Later*+*

*Rus*

I stare at the texts in disbelief.

I'm sorry.

I don't like you anymore.

I'm leaving.

This...

This doesn't make sense..

I check the number just to be sure, and it's definitely Meri's.

Wait...

He only said he'd be gone for a little bit.

It's been an hour.

I go in the app that keeps track of his phone's location. He agreed to let me have it, just incase something happened. He can track my phone too.

I nearly drop my phone, but shove it in my pocket and run out to the car.

He's at that one crazy girl's house. She always tries to flirt with him when he's on dates with me.

I tear down the road as fast as possible, pulling up to her house. I kick down the door to see an empty living room. Then I hear yelling upstairs.

I run upstairs just as something breaks in the bedroom.

I hear Meri crying and screaming.

I kick down the door and immediately get hit in the face with a glass cup, which shatters.

I close my one eye, which hurts a lot, then pick up Meri gently. He cries into my chest.

There are police outside, probably from me kicking the door down.

I grab Meri's phone and run downstairs, the girl chasing me. She screams at me to give Meri to her.

I run out of the building, and immediately the officers yell "FREEZE!"

I stop, when something glass gets thrown at my back, shattering on impact.

The girl runs over to the officers and starts crying.

"That man broke into my house to kidnap my boyfriend!"

"Boyfriend?!"

"Yes! He's MY boyfriend!!"

Meri looks up and gasps. "Russ, you got hurt!"

"She was trying to hurt you."

The girl screams "I was not! You broke into my house when we were about to go to bed!!"