16 - Headaches

*+*Later*+*

I wake up.

I'm not in the hospital, or at home.

Britain walks over to me, holding a bat.

I back up, but hit a wall.

Grandpa tries stopping Britain, but he just goes through him again.

Britain swings the bat. A loud crack rings through the air as I fall to the ground.

My head hurts a ton.

There's blood on the ground.

My ears are ringing.

Britain hits me with the bat a few more times, then picks me up and chucks me into the road.

I hit the ground and bounce up a little, then land on the other side, somehow not getting hit by any cars.

I can't move. It hurts to much. Grandpa disappears to get Mom and Dad.

Britain glares at me from the alley he attacked me in, then walks away like nothing happened.

My eyes start closing.

I get picked up by Dad. He says something, but it's distant.

I pass out again.

*+*Later*+*

I open my eyes.

I'm in a hospital.

The nurse is talking to Mom and Dad. The nurse says "He got hit extremely badly. If he does survive, he's not going to be the same as he was before, so don't be startled if he acts different."

They nod, then notice that I'm awake. My head hurts a lot.

The nurse calls in some people and they start helping me.

I'm tired, and don't react to anything.

*+*When Rusame gets released from the hospital (one year later. They wanted to be absolutely sure he was okay since he was five.)*+*

I walk out of the hospital. Today's my sixth birthday.

Mom and Dad are taking me to the store to pick out things I want. Grandpa's floating behind us, like always.

He looks uneasy.

I pick out a pocketknife. This'll be useful.

I grab some lego sets as well. When Dad sees the knife, he says "I'll only let you have it for self defense, okay? I'll show you how to use it when we get home, so you don't hurt yourself."

I nod. We get the stuff and start walking home, when Mom says "You'll be starting school soon."

When we get home, Dad teaches me how to use the knife for self defense against Britain.

Grandpa gives me some extra tips while I'm practicing.

*+*When school starts (a few months later)*+*