17 - Middle School

*+*Next year*+*

I'm starting middle school.

I'm nervous. The bullying has gotten worse. I have no friends to turn to.

I reach the bus stop. Everyone looks at me and starts whispering.

I look down at the ground.

Then I hear something behind me. I jump to the side as Austin, one of my main bullies, plows through the spot where I was just standing.

He says "Oh C'mon Rusame, don't you wanna have some fun?"

I shake my head. "I'll stick to loneliness and depression, thanks."

He tries to attack me, and I pull out my knife.

Everyone backs up.

I put it away, and they stare at me.

The bus pulls up and I get on like nothing happened. Grandpa asks "Why did you do that?"

"He was aiming for my head. Didn't you notice?"

"Oh, you're right."

The bus continues down the road while kids whisper about me.

I rub the sleeve covering my wrists.

Grandpa puts his hand on my shoulder. Its cold, but I can feel a light pressure, like the air got heavier.

I'm the only person Grandpa can't go through. I  think it has something to do with the fact that I can see and hear him.

We arrive at school, and I get off the bus. While I'm walking, I get shoved to the ground.

I look up to see Austin and his gang.

I try crawling away, but they step on my arms and legs, while Austin holds his bat.

Baseball bat..

I scream and throw them all off of me. I quickly get up and run from them, careening down the halls as they chase me.

I run into my first class, and crash into a desk. The few people in the room stare at me, including the teacher.

I move away from the door, hiding in the corner.

Austin walks in, looking around. He asks the teacher if she saw me. She points to me.

Austin smiles "Hey shortie, we have a baseball game to go to, remember?"

He walks over and I back away from him.

He gets angrier "Shortie, we gotta go."

The teacher says "Rusame? I thought you don't play sports?"

"I don't! Why would I want to get killed by a basketball hitting my head?!"

Austin suddenly runs forwards and grabs my wrist. I screech and try getting him to let go, but he doesn't.