I drove to a empty park away from everyone and lied on top of a bench, smoking a cigarette as I stared at the moving clouds. Reggae music was playing in the distance setting the chill mood just right. My eyes slowly started to shut and the thoughts immediately began pounding at my brain.
"Hey! Hey!" I opened my eyes and after adjusting to the light, saw Miss Hills. I sat up with the cigarette still in my mouth. She got it from my lips and put it out on the bench. "What are you doing here?"
"What are you doing here?" I asked and she pointed to the double gated estate indicating that she lived there. "What happened?" She asked sitting on the bench.
I sighed, simply responding "incident." She nodded and got a packet from her pocket, opened it and picked up one of the five neatly rolled joints. I chuckled in disbelief and got my lighter out, flicking it to the butt of her joint.
"Hypocrite", I said and she shook her head, deeply inhaling before responding "Cigarettes aren't good for you." She offered it to me and I took it, deeply inhaling the smoke. After I returned the joint, she told me softly "It's really late, you should go home."
"Yeah you're right", I took one more pull from the joint then got up from the wooden bench. I walked to my car wiping my face and turned, catching one last look at her still sitting on the bench. She wore a white top tucked into the waist of her pink sweats and barefoot. Her messy hair didn't make her any less gorgeous. My heart was thumping fast in my chest as I got in my car, resulting in me tilting my head back and groaning.
Starting my car, I drove home parking behind my dad's car. I slowly entered the house and crept down the hallway and onto the stairs that led to my room.
"Tris, that you?" I sucked my teeth and replied, "Yea." They were in the bedroom observing the crack I'd made. Mom looked normal like she always did, almost like nothing happened earlier. She was a bit shaky but nothing that could tell that she'd been cheating. Who knows how long she was doing this?
"What happened?" He asked me. A strong man, been a Sergeant in the army, tough like I said but once it came to my mom, he was a new born baby. Sometimes I wondered if it was really love or a spell she casted upon the husky guy. He never raised his voice at mom and went out of her way to make her happy. He was a great dad and husband and it just–what mom did...its fucked up. I glanced at the large array of roses he placed on the bed and my fist throbbed.
"It was an incident", I said and he adjusted his belt, turning to me puzzled. I suddenly found myself searching for an excuse and noticed that a dresser was missing. "What incident?"
"I was helping her move the dresser but she lost her footing and it hit the wall", I said and mom smiled for a quick second, her head down from the guilt of me knowing her disgusting shameful ways. Dad's baby voice turned on and he began kissing his wife, asking if she was okay and assuring her that he would replace it. I backed away not wanting to be apart of their whatever.
I got in my room and didn't bothered to turn on the lights. I kicked my shoes off and threw my shirt somewhere, getting on my bed. I lied there, reminiscing on how today just wasn't my day.

I rubbed my eyes and allowed them to close. I barely got any sleep last night. " Mr. Isaacs", a stern voice called above me. My eyes pried open and I sat up, laughs from my friends erupting behind me.
"Do you need to see the nurse?" Mrs. Yen, the biology teacher asked noticing my hand. I didn't have time to shower this morning so the gauze was still there. I nodded pushing from my desk and getting up. I glanced at Kristen who pretended not to see me and got my bag, leaving the room. I sat on the floor outside the nurse's door, feeling depressed. On just one day, mostly everything I loved was more or less destroyed. I stared into the distance, lost in my thoughts.
A pair of hot pink heels stopped in front of me. The leg of the person nudged me, "You can't sit out here." I looked up at Miss Hills and quickly got myself up.
"I was just going in anyway", I told her and she smiled walking past waving the white binder in her hand. Her neat bun complemented her white knee high dress.
"I don't think you were", she called back and I smiled, reaching for the knob.
I sat on the nurse's bed, waiting for her to return from her office. She was suggesting that my hand was broken but it just didn't feel that way. I mean, it's mine I would know. When she returned, she handed me some painkillers and a slip that permitted me to leave the campus. "I called your mother, she said she's on her way", Nurse Jamesly told me and I groaned, balling my fist and releasing it instantly.
  I sat in the seats outside the Nurses office, waiting as if it were a job I were getting paid millions to do. Students I never seen before shuffled past to get to their classes. I checked my phone to see if Kristen texted me or anything but there was nothing. She didn't even care.