18°

Tris' POV

My eyes opened and I looked down at Jennifer asleep against me. She looked so comfortable...and sexy. I moved from beneath her and got to my feet, picking her up in my arms. She was sleeping so peacefully but looked...not so peacefully. I took her to her bedroom and after removing her boots, tucked her in. I got a few wipes and wiped her eyes and lips, then removed the wig allowing her real hair to breathe.

I then left. While in my car, a message popped up from Marcus.

Marcus
Meet us at Sam's

Groaning, I contemplated going. I decided to show up but no drinks, absolutely none. Not even cookies because for some reason, I kept losing my memory at Sam's place. Its like as soon as I sipped the first drink, everything becomes a blur in my head.

As soon as I came in, I met the guys comfortably seated in the living room. Jackson, Alex and Chandler were playing on the controllers and Sam was pouring shots. Marcus was just sitting there on his phone.
"The fuck y'all call me here for?" I asked and everyone turns to me.
"You're here", Sam said taking a shot before standing up. Yet he wondered why we never let him drive.
"Yea", I said roughly. Sam offered me a drink and I declined. Doing good so far Tris. "Why am I here?"
"Its Kristen, you need to talk to her man", Chandler says without looking away from the flatscreen.
"Why?" I ask and everyone is silent.
"Because we need to have a talk", a female voice says behind me and I ball my fist. I spin around, "what do you want?"
"Im pregnant Tristan", she says and I feel everyone's eyes on me. I would've been happy if it were mine. Its not like I didn't want a mini me, Im just not going to allow her to stick someone else's baby on me.
"And you checking the list of dudes you fucked to know if its me. Lol its not", I say walking towards Sam and extending my hand for a shot. I was gonna need it if I planned on finishing this conversation. He placed a small shot glass in my hand and I threw it back.
"Tristan, no", Kristen shook her head then sighed. "We, me and you we don't use condoms."
"Yea and? Do you really want to do this in front of the guys?" I ask moving off the topic.
"Tristan listen, its your baby. I was...pregnant even before we broke up. Its yours I swear", she claims. I sat down on a stool and looked at her then laughed. This wasn't just any laugh, this was the 'I know you fuckin' lying' laugh.
"Bull fucking shit", I say now turning to the tv. Chandler glanced at me for a minute and immediately returned to his game.
"Tristan, Im carrying your fucking child. Why don't you believe me?" She asked stepping forward. She was glowing even in her despair.

"Because you broke my fucking hea-trust!" I shout getting off the stool. I've had enough. I passed her, bumping her with my shoulder and felt her grab my shirt. I held her throat and pressed her back to the wall, hard then looked down at her belly then back to her face.

"Don't...touch me", I growled then released her, looking back at the guys then pulling the door open slamming it hard behind me. I shouted punching the brick wall ignoring the immediate pain shooting up my arm.
I got in my car and drove away, stopping at the red light. I turned the volume up some more and listened to music hoping it calmed me down.
The light changed and I removed my foot on brake, allowing the car to cross the light. My phone vibrated and I glanced at it on my lap. It was Jennifer's number.
I went to pick it up but suddenly , the side of my car was rammed by something I couldn't quite see because my head slammed into the window. Broken glass splashed onto my face but I squeezed my eyes shut as I felt the car skid across the street. Another car collided with the back of my car and my seat moved towards the airbag that was now trying to suffocate me. My life flashed before my eyes. Images of my childhood and teen years played, pictures of me playing with my dad, losing my virginity, running around swings, getting drunk for the first time, my mom tucking me in....

I opened my eyes once everything had stopped. My car was lying on its side. I looked through the shattered windshield and watched as a black Range Rover reversed then sped off. If I didn't know any better, I'd say I was supposed to be dead.
Using the last bit of strength I had, I crawled through the windshield and once a few distances from my car, I lied on my back allowing the sun to finish me off. Every part of me ached especially my head which thumped like crazy and I was starting to lose feelings in my legs. I groaned sitting up to check on them but the pain that weighed in on me forced me to lie back. I couldn't do anything so I just stared at the clouds, focusing on the weird patterns that were forming in the sky as my eyes began to shut.

"Shit", I heard someone say followed by a scream but that was the last thing I remembered.

My eyes slowly opened to a bright light and as my vision focused, I now saw that I was staring into the faces of two men. Puzzlement eroded my mind when I saw him grabbing a syringe.
"Where am I-what the fuck?!" I exclaimed sitting up and pushing both of them away my eyes drifting to the dozens of people. Why the fuck was I in a hospital? What was going on?
"Vitals are becoming unstable", one of them shouted.
"Apply pressure on..."
"We need to get him clear for surgery."

    I gasped for air and tried to sit up, pushing the hands that tried to push me back down.
"Sir sir, you need to calm down", a man said and I continued pushing and trying to get away.
"Don't you fucking t-...", I stopped as a mask was placed over my mouth. I fought against it but whatever it was worked fast. My body fell back and things were blurry again. I glanced to the faces standing far. In the midst I think I saw Chandler and Marcus looking down shaking their heads. Someone else was looking away and so was Kristen.

What was wrong?

My eyes closed again and this time it seemed like it was for good.

Is he dead? Is his organs all over? Whats wrong? Tune in🙂