23°

I returned from ordering pizza to find Jennifer in my boxers and a white t shirt. Her hair was braided back and she looked so much like a teenager: a hot one that I could fuck for hours.
"Where's ya mom?" She asked plopping down on the bed and flipping over on her stomach to look into my face.
"I don't know but she said she's staying with her sister or something", I answered seating myself on the edge of the bed. I turned and looked at her, both of us slowly forming a smile.
"What?" She asked and I shook my head, neglecting to tell her that I was gawking at her beauty. I lied back placing my head on her stomach then closed my eyes, drifting off.

Jennifer's POV

I looked down at Tristan who was asleep. So peaceful and handsome and all that cute stuff. I kissed his lips and I saw him slowly smile. I pulled away surprised.
"Stealing a kiss, arent you?" His groggy voice asked. I grinned neglecting to answer. He yawns and the doorbell rang.

"That's probably the pizza guy, I'll answer it", I told him leaving the room. I slowed down my footsteps approaching the door and cautiously pulled it open.

I expected to see a gun pointed in my face but,  thankfully it was just a teenage boy. He had cute freckles and black curly hair that matted to his forehead due to sweat. It must've been really hot because even his armpits were damp with perspiration.
"Must've been a heated ride over here huh?" I say in an attempt to create light banter whiles cautiously receiving the pizza. My eyes averted to his trembling hands.

Trauma?

  He nodded forming a nervous smile and took a step back. All of it was so off. Why was he so sweaty when it was 71 degrees outside?

"Hey! Dont you wanna wait for your tip?" I asked and he shook his head basically running back to his scooter. Weird I thought shutting the door and placing the pizza on the counter.
"Finally", Tristan appeared yawning and opening the box as I just stared.

Something was off.
Why did the delivery guy act like that?
And why was he so sweaty?
  I walked around the counter, biting my nail in deep thought. Did someone put him up to it? Did they do something to the pizza?

  So many unanswered questions but I still couldn't take the chance. Tristan picked up a slice of pizza and I quickly slapped it from his hand. It all clicked in my head. The pizza guy was nonetheless a diversion.
"What was that for?" He asked as I grabbed a knife. Tristan stepped back confused and probably afraid. I placed a finger on his lips and watched the door. It didn't burst open or anything so I quietly tiptoed to it. I peeked from the peephole and my eyes widened when I saw the men dressed in black suits holding army machine guns.
"Get down!" I shouted sliding over the counter and landing hard on the ground a second before bullets rained above us. Tristan's arms covered me as the broken plates and mugs fell over us.
After about a minute later, it all stopped. I pushed myself from under Tristan and tried to peek at the damage. Dust was everywhere creating a thick fog effect so before I could've even seen anything , I heard an unsettling sound. A regular person might've said it sounded like a stone sliding across a marble floor but to me: it was a smoke grenade.
"Shit", I whispered looking at Tristan and using my shirt to cover my mouth and nose. He nodded doing the same. I waited in a crouched position listening in on the footsteps. Mind you, my star firestar was in my purse so I basically brought a knife to a gun fight.
  As the men approached, I took the time to ask myself just how the fuck I even got in this situation? My job was just to come, kill a few people and leave. And here I was: being hunted by men with MILITARY WEAPONS.
A pair of legs stepped in front of me and I drove the knife hard into the knee cap, jumping up and grabbing his gun before he fell. I pulled the night vision goggles off the unconscious man and tossed it to Tristan passing him the handgun as well.
"Wait don't you need it?" He asked me and I shook my head listening intently for more sounds. I gestured him to follow me. I tiptoed to the front door and pulled it open, peeking out. This was kinda too easy.
I sprinted towards my car placing my hand onto the glass. A green "confirmed" popped up and the doors unlocked. This works for when I forget my keys like I always do. Phew!
   A silenced bullet flew past my ear and I ducked, looking around. I waited until Tristan was in before I then got in and drove off with bullets still bouncing off of the windows.
.