15

The next day after you and Sasuke reached your home, Sasuke left in a hurry. He told you he owe an explanation to his team for what he had done and he might not coming back anytime soon. You understood him, although you knew he won't be coming back for a long time with that gaze he sent you before he left.

You had planned it for awhile now. About a few weeks ago you had already arranged your things and put it in place, and Sasuke probably already noticed your home had less furniture and items. You didn't tell him that you're going to move out since you don't know if you wanted to.

However, ever since you discovered you were eating for two, a new surge of feelings course through you. You wanted to make a change so your future child would live even more brighter side. You didn't want your child to know that you worked as a 'waitress' in a bar, or you didn't want your child to learn how the death of your parents occured. You thought it's better to avoid your child questioning it in the future by leaving the place.

You believed that you and Sasuke linked by fate, and you wanted believed that even if you didn't tell him you're going to move out, he'll definitely going to find you.

You had made a decision where your new place going to be, and it was Konoha. The first week was very hectic of you searching for a place in Konoha, especially when you always stay cautious of your surrounding that took most of your energy. Everytime you saw a ninja from Konoha, you tried not to give a hostile look and smiled at them.

Another week was also hectic, where you tried to escort all your belongings to your new home, with your morning sickness acting up.

All your belongings finally put into place, and it was with the help of your kind neighbour. You couldn't get anymore thankful at their acceptance towards you. On the kitchen table, there were plenty of food as to welcome you to the new village, and you knew you had picked the right place.

The reason you choosed the place was because you wanted your child to learn the place their father grew up. You didn't regret moving in after being treat like a family even after only meeting once.

The third week was a job hunting, and to your luck, you found on the first day. You visited a flower shop and you instantly got accepted after asking once. The reason was, their daughter was busy as a ninja of Konoha and you tried to ignore the fact that the family were a ninja family and you smiled in happiness.

Yamanaka Ino was a sweet girl that taught you around the work place. She was the daughter of the owner of the shop and on the first day you met her, you already noticed how busy she was. You briefly heard they talked about war but you didn't intend to dwell to what they talk about. All you felt was an intense atmosphere around them that they have to practice hard for what's coming.

"You're the new worker ?" A laidback voice greeted you as you were tend to some flowers. You turned around and saw a fairly tall guy that had his hair high in ponytail, his hair was poking out like pineapple. He was wearing his gear as ninja, and he noticed you looking up and down at him before smiling.

"Yes. Are you Ino's friend ?" You asked him, your hands moved swiftly as you arranged the flowers to their respectful places. A new set of flowers just came right on your first day, and Ino expressed her worries and wanted to help, but you assured her you can get things handled, and the male surely see it.

"Yeah, I'm Nara Shikamaru." you nodded in acknowledgement.

"I'm Hosuke Fuyumi. Nice to meet you." You flashed him a smile, and his hand unconsciously went to the back of his neck, eyes averted to sides in an uneasy manner. You didn't notice since you were busy with the flowers.

He then examined you from behind, his eyes went from your side profile, where your face was calm, and the brown hair that been put into a low ponytail. His eyes then went down to the apron that hugged your body, and he gulped down.

How can you look attractive even in an apron ?

"Oi, Shikamaru ! We have to go!" Ino's voice heard from outside.

"Ah, yeah." he answered, "Sorry, I have to go."

You chuckled, "Don't be sorry. Have a nice day, Nara-san."

"You can call me Shikamaru."

Your eyes opened with a smile, sending him off with a wave. You continued dressing the flowers you picked, trying not to think much about it.

It was a long day after that. You learned more kind people in Konoha and it enlighten you from being nervous and anxious of what people would talk about you.

You missed Sasuke, the whole time. You wished you can meet him now but you knew he was very busy with his 'goals'. He told you everything about it and how it was important for him to achieve it. You found everything wrong, but you didn't know how to convince him to stop doing it. He was even halfway there, so there was no stopping him.

You could only pray in your heart that he would eventually change and in that matters, he won't forget you.

You were locking the door to the shop, when a voice greet you.

"Hosuke-san."

You turned around and smiled, "Shikamaru-san." You put the key into the pocket of your short shorts. Your robe you usually wore were on you. It had became your favorite thing to wear it now, not as a force of hiding yourself from suspicious people.

"On your way home ?" you warmed up to him, started to walk side by side along the road.

"Yeah. It's getting dark. I will send you home."

"Ah, Shikamaru-san, you don't have to."

"It's okay, I want to."

You sent him a pursed smile, feeling bad that he had to send you home. It was actually nice to know someone would do that to you here. At least you felt a little protected, although he was ninja as well.

"So.. Hosuke-san-"

"You can call me Fuyumi."

He stared as you smiled at him, feeling his heart started to beating hard.

"Ah, Fuyumi-san. You just moved here ?" he asked.

"Yeah, a few weeks ago, but I just started working at your friend's shop today."

"I see."

The both of you continued walking side by side, asking each other some light questions, like have you eaten, how has been your day. You realized, you liked talking to him. He was a bit shy as you noticed a few times, but he always have nice words to reply. Especially when he ended almost everything he said woth "such a drag" and you just chuckled at it.

You waved him goodbye as he left. You entered your house and hung your robe on a stand located right before the front door. You decided to freshen yourself first before prepared yourself some healthy food and oat for the baby.

You always found yourself smiling alone while caressing your tummy that grew a bit. You wanted to visit the hospital to register yourself and go for a check up. The baby is growing and it is time for you to take care of yourself properly.

You wished Sasuke would be with you then.

———

Bruh sorry bro for not doing the usual thing. For now, I'm trying to bridge the story to somewhere a bit until the war ends. And until that, you will receive the treatment again boo. I gotta need to clean our brain a bit :p