16

A few weeks after you started to live in Konoha, you already know the route around your place, and you know some famous places. It all thanks to your new friend, Nara Shikamaru.

You were okay by yourself, and you wanted to be by yourself, but you could not reject Shikamaru friendliness and offer either. He often visited you and talked to you to make sure you are comfortable living with Konoha, and you sure did.

It was funny how you suddenly befriend people younger than you, like Ino, Shikamaru and Choji. They once invited you to a pork night and it was the first memorable night you spent in the new place. You felt accepted even more, eventhough they were younger than you.

You are closest to Shikamaru, for some reason.

"I'll send you home, Fuyumi-san."

You began to get used to him giving you company to your home. It was mostly fun talking to him, especially how he put his boring face and muttered "Like a drag." a lot. But, there was other thing that makes you comfortable with him. It was how he was able to speak very wisely, despite his age. When you brought it up in front of Ino, the teenager said Shikamaru was a genius, but he did not show it.

"Shikamaru, what do you want to eat ?" you asked him as he took his seat ok your kitchen table.

"Miso soup would be fine." he replied nonchalantly.

"Got it."

You guys were comfortable enough to eat together. You found his company very reassuring. He seems like someone who did not like many things, but he had a knack at keeping the conversation with his nonchalant behavior. You always stunned by his surprising words, almost too much, that you always laughed afterwards.

He also loved being in your presence. All of his tireness from work and training suddenly gone as he saw your smile. He did not know what happened to him, but it has something to do during the first time he saw you.

No way, love at first sight ?

"Shikamaru ?"

He looked at you with his eyes unusually wide, that it weirded you somehow. You smiled worriedly as he shook his head with the same smile.

"Yes ?" he answered.

"The food is ready. Let's eat it now before it gets cold."

That's right. The smile you flashed when he entered the shop, the dimple located on your right cheek. Your face were a calm and sweet one, it caught his breath right away. He could not believe he was truly liking you.

How is he going to do ?

"Take this, Shikamaru."

You love it when you put the mackarel into his plate. It felt like treating your little brother you never had. He always worried over you and always acting so cute around you, especially when blushes formed on his cheek. You never knew he had that kind of trait, but you liked it.

Shikamaru tried to ease his burning cheeks by looking down to his serve and start to eat it.

"It's delicious, Fuyumi-san."

"Hmm ? That's nice."

Shikamaru looked up as he noticed you seem distracted. He saw how you were making an oat in a small bowl, gently stirring it in a warm water. There was a milk next to it and he always wondered why you loved to have them. He seen you do it almost every meal you had with him, and the smile you put on your face everytime you do it, was always so happy and calming, as if you're thinking of someone.

"Why you always eat that ?" Shikamaru suddenly asked.

You looked up to him, contemplating if you should tell him or not. Like you said, you wanted to stay alone. Therefore, you also wanted to keep the pregnancy to yourself. Your baby is already two months old, and the bump had shown a little, but not too much for someone to notice.

It doesn't hurt to tell him, right ?

"I'm pregnant, Shikamaru."

At that moment, he felt his heart stop instantly. He couldn't believe what he heard, and he was frozen in place. You wouldn't notice that since you were tending to the oat still, and he glad you did.

"P-Pregnant ?"

"Yeah !" you smiled, "It's two months old !"

He could feel his hand began to shake, so he hid them under the table. He tried to make a happy face but he couldn't. He felt his heart beating painfully but that shouldn't happen. How could he feel so hurt hearing from a crush ? Was he truly loving her ?

"I never meet the father. Who is he ?" Shikamaru changed the subject, hastily taking a little mackerel into his mouth. He needed to munch to something. His thoughts could made him grew crazier and perhaps he would react childishly if he didn't munch to anything.

You thought of telling the father to him. For instance, the father was a rogue ninja, being hunted by every village in the continent, especially Konohagakure. Also, he was the same age as Shikamaru. It would be embarassing if he knows that.

"The dad is busy outside the village. He won't be home for the time being."

You forced a smile and he did on reflecks, but it dead afterward. He watched as you began to eat your oat with a happy face while rubbing your stomach gently.

He took a spoonful of rice and put it into his mouth again. He couldn't believe what he had hear. He couldn't believe it became this way. His heart wont stop feeling hurt and he need to leave the place soon.

It was too hurt.

———

Shikamaru had been busy since then, and you were afraid if what you had said made him wanted to avoid himself from you, but Ino and Choji also told you they were busy preparing for something.

You sat silently in your home as you were instructed by the police. You clamped your hands and prayed for everyone's safety, especially for Sasuke and the baby.

You would cried and hugged your knees when the ground shaking. You asked the police why they didn't evacuate the villagers, and they said the battlefield are further away and they couldn't come close to the village, and the shinobi made sure of that.

Most of the time, you hoped that Sasuke wouldn't be the one to has to fight the evil person. You didn't want to lose him.

You gazed frightfully with teary eyes as a shadow loomed over you, a weird veins began to crawl all over the village. After a few silence, you heard screams and at a same time, the glasses in your home was shattered by something. You saw something that white went towards you, and you jumped from your seat.

You took a kunai left by Shikamaru, for safety purpose, and ran out of the house. You turned around and held the kunai with your hands, both of your hands shaking furiously.

"Don't touch me !"

But it was for nought.

———

Just wait a little longer ! I need to put these or else there's no ending to it.