The Biggest Troll Part 2

art by: @ratparty_ on twitter

(author note: PART 2 !!! I felt motivation to post quick bc so many ppl commented wanting it :') i love you all)

—————

"Are you okay?" Darryl questioned, looking at Zak worryingly.

"Yeah... just. This is stupid, but... I'm kinda scared of the dark."
~
Darryl had to suppress a laugh, making a "pfftt" sound instead.

"Hey! Don't laugh at me!" Zak whined, dragging out the "me" in a very immature kid voice.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Darryl laughed, patting Zak on the back. "You're seriously afraid of the dark?" Darryl asked.

"Forget it, let me find some candles." He pushed past Darryl, too embarrassed to talk, and left the living room.

He froze as he got to the hallway, looking down it carefully. Making sure his phone brightness was all the way up, he took a deep breath, and kept going till he got the the bathroom. Reaching under the bathroom sink, he found 3 candles. He stuffed them between his arms and practically bolted back to Darryl in the living room.

Darryl furrowed his eyebrows at Zak's abrupt return. "You poor muffin.." he mumbled. Zak met Darryl's eyes, panic absorbed inside them. He took another deep breath, and stood up straight.

"I'm fine." Zak stated matter-of-factly.

"Mhmmm." Darryl hummed sarcastically. "Well. Wait here okay?" He hesitated. "Where do you keep lighters or matches?"

"In the drawer to the left of the dishwasher in the kitchen." The fearful boy mumbled, sitting down on the couch.

Darryl nodded and made his way over, finding the lighter, along with a flashlight, and returning to Zak. He lit the three candles, setting them down on the coffee table.

"Look, you muffin, it's already late. If we just go to sleep now, the power should be on by morning!" Darryl tried to comfort Zak.

The small boy just nodded, seeming to shrink in on himself. "Okay."

"So where's the guest bedroom...?" Darryl asked, as he was never shown earlier. Zak looked up at him, features highlighted by the candle light. He stood from the couch and stepped towards his friend shyly.

"Uhh, actually," he began, "do you think you could stay in the same room as me?" He put on a small, hopeful smile, and stared up into Darryl's eyes.

With that look, Zak could get Darryl to agree to anything.

"Sure.." Darryl smiled back comfortingly.

"Whatever makes you feel safe."

"So why don't we just sleep here? We can make a blanket bed to sleep on." Darryl offered, gesturing to the floor of the living room.

"Okay. That works!" Zak nodded, thinking to himself how awkward it would be to sleep in the same bed as Darryl. Not that he would mind.

Darryl turned towards the hallway, taking one step before Zak grabbed his wrist.

"W-wait," he pleaded, "Where are you going?"

"To get some blankets, muffin. I'll be right back." The tall boy smiled. Zak let go of Darryl, waiting impatiently for him to return. He felt anxious by himself.

Darryl rummaged through the bedrooms and hall closets, searching for every blanket and pillow he could possibly find.

When he came back, he dropped a large mountain of blankets and pillows onto the floor.