Costume Party

photo: BadBoyHalo's rat dog in her strawberry costume!

Happy Halloween!
————

Halloween was one of Zak's favorite holidays. He loved the kid costumes and the candy (as every kid-like person would), so when Zelkam asked him and Darryl if they wanted to come to his Halloween Party, Zak flipped.

He was so excited he was hyping Darryl up to go weeks before the party.

"There's only one thing, though," Zelk laughed, "You have to come dressed in a costume."

Zak's smile faltered for a second before he thought it was really no big deal. When he told the news to Darryl, however, the older boy didn't seem as excited.

"What would I even dress as, Skeppy?" The roommate tapped his finger against his chin. They had been living together for months now. Surprisingly, Darryl still hadn't gotten used to using Zak's real name.

The short boy groaned. "I don't know! Why don't you dress as a muffin!" His annoyance was rising quick. He really, really wanted to go to this party.

"Is there going to be drinking at the party?" Darryl narrowed his eyes at the troll.

"I don't know! Probably!" Zak sighed. "Look, let's just go, and if you get uncomfortable in any way we can leave," he pleaded, lowering his voice slightly to seem calmer.

"Hm... Are you going to be drinking?" His eyes narrowed further.

"No! Of course not!" Zak laughed.

"Okay, okay! Fine! We can go," Darryl smiled, unable to resist his friends pestering. "But you have to help me pick a costume."

Zak frowned, thinking of ideas for Darryl to dress as. He wasn't a very frightening character, so something more silly, cute, and comfortable would probably suit him better.

"Wear your Skeppy hoodie and go as me," Zak shrugged, sharing the idea mostly as a joke, but based on the way Darryl's eyes lit up he seemed to like it.

"Oh my goodness, Skeppy, that's a great idea! And you can go as me!"

Zak's mind stopped dead in its tracks for a moment before he started laughing.

"Don't laugh, fatty! It's a good idea!"

"Fine, fine! Whatever makes you happy," Zak scoffed with a smile.

Darryl punched the air in victory like he had just won a marathon. The action made Zak giggle harder.

(The day of the Party)

Zak stood in the bathroom mirror and pulled on his black hoodie. He had gone to a sewing store and paid for it to be outlined in red, just like Darryl's Minecraft skin. He wore a brown strap across his chest and pinned a foam diamond sword to the back of it.

This was probably the most he had ever gone out for a Halloween costume.

And the stupidest thing he had ever been dressed as.

He exited the room with a big smile, walking out to see Darryl waiting for him by the front door. He wore his Skeppy hoodie and held a giant TNT plush.

Zak's eyes went wide when he saw it and he exploded into laughter, catching Darryl's attention.

"W-Where did you even find that??" Zak asked through his giggles, pointing to the TNT in Darryl's arms.

"I ordered it, you muffin! Isn't it great?" He smiled, holding it out in front of him to admire it. "OooOoOh, loOk aT me! I'm SkePpY!" He said in a voice that sounded like Zak on crack with his nose being pinched.