Flirting (2)

Word Count: 1980
art by: Rain_mdp on twitter
request idea for part two: @Microwave654
part two to (Flirting)

•Darryl•

My favorite moments with Zak were when no cameras were rolling. Sometimes we sat together in Teamspeak, enjoying quiet chit-chat and working in our own separate things.

Tonight it had gotten so late that both of us were tired. I laid my head in my arms against my desk, listening for the sound of his voice.

"It's getting pretty late, huh?" Zak remarked. Sounds of him typing on his keyboard played through his microphone.

"Yeah," I mumbled back, not bothering to sit up. As the silence continued, my mind trailed back to about two weeks ago when Zak had kicked up his flirting game. I blushed, hearing the soft echo of his voice saying my name in a silky tone.

I wondered what that had all been about. At the time, I thought he was recording a video, but nothing from that day was ever uploaded.

"It would definitely have been uploaded by now. What does that mean?" I wondered.

"Zak?" I asked, nervously.

"...Yeah?" He replied, hesitant at the strange formality.

I didn't have a response now. I had wanted to say his name, that was all. I sat up, tangling my hands together in nervousness. "Uh, I just wanted to make sure you were still there," I lied.

This made him giggle. "Okay, Bad."

I frowned, wishing he would have said my real name like last time. Nothing flirty had happened since that day two weeks ago, and I found myself missing it desperately.

"How can I get him to be like that again?"

I tapped the desk absentmindedly, trying to come up with something to say. I looked at the time, finding it was far past midnight. My mind was hazy from being tired and nothing to say good really came to mind.

"Zaaaak," I hummed, a playful smile working its way on to my face.

Zak laughed, probably catching on to what I was doing. "Yes, Darryl?"

I closed my eyes, smiling bigger than before, and let out a tired giggle.

He giggled back like it was contagious. "What?" He wondered.

"Nooothing," I smiled, "I like your name."

"You're so weird, dude," he muttered.

"A good weird?" I asked, hopefully.

"The best weird. You also sound really tired. Maybe it's time we go to bed?"

I felt disappointed, but I knew he was right. "Mmkay."

"Goodnight, Darryl," he teased, leaving the call instantly.

I missed him already.

The week continued with similar subtle instances, but nothing too out of the ordinary. Zak had seemed busier than usual over the past few days, so not opportunities had come up for more to happen.

It was now early Saturday night, and a tiny notification popped up on my computer.

*Skeppy: ts?

Happily, I closed the message without replying and instantly joined. "Aaahh, helloo!"

"Yoo, what's up?" He asked, tone happy.